Trying to buy a 2011 WRX....issues

This is a discussion on Trying to buy a 2011 WRX....issues within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have finally saved up enough to pull the trigger on a 2011 WRX. The deal that sent me over ...

Trying to buy a 2011 WRX....issues

I have finally saved up enough to pull the trigger on a 2011 WRX. The deal that sent me over the edge right now is the 1.9% financing deal that Subaru is offering. The issue is none of the dealers here have a base WRX in stock, so they are going to have to order it and it may take a few months to come in. The 1.9% deal is only good until the end of the month. The dealer i spoke with on the phone already said there is nothing they can do with the financing until the car gets to the lot. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any info!!

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey John
    first of all 1.9% is only for 36 months.The better option will be to get a 2.9% for 72 months which will keep your payments more affordable.As long as you pay off the car between 36 and 46 months your interest amount at the end will be the same.And,you do have an option to take a breather in between if you want to.

Secondly,the promotional APR is pretty standard for Subaru.It has been this way as long as I had been tracking the rates.It has always been between 1.9% and 2.9%.The offer keeps coming back every quarter.Besides,on a $25000 loan 1% difference roughly translates to $8 a month spread over the period of the loan.
    So,it is my humble opinion that you should consider other aspects like the final price,freebies,service,proximity to the dealer etc before you pull the trigger and not base it primarily on the interest %.
    Good luck!

Right now it is 1.9% all the way up to 60 months from Subaru. I have confirmed that with two dealers. Also, as far as haggling goes I have the VIP pricing, so the price is pretty much set.

John

Really????
    I signed the papers today and I was told that the rate was 2.9%.Thanks for the heads up.I am gonna call the finance manager at the dealership tomorrow first thing in the morning and clarify this.

I Support ClubWRX
    It has always been 1.9% for 36 months unless this is a new offer.The exact same programs have been in place for at least a year since I looked into buying a WRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    It has always been 1.9% for 36 months unless this is a new offer.The exact same programs have been in place for at least a year since I looked into buying a WRX
    Im in CA going to order a SWP wrx limted with the options I want. I called 2 different dealers that both quoted me .9 for 63 motnhs. You should see whats up with you dealer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Im in CA going to order a SWP wrx limted with the options I want. I called 2 different dealers that both quoted me .9 for 63 motnhs. You should see whats up with you dealer.
    I'm about 3 months too late,I already have the car
    The deals offered by Subaru are thru Chase & are listed here http://www.subaru.com/special-offers/index.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just hit up my dealer to see what's up with this as well. Plus I had to tell him I didn't want any dealership branding done to the WRX when it comes in.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnV View Post
    Right now it is 1.9% all the way up to 60 months from Subaru. I have confirmed that with two dealers. Also, as far as haggling goes I have the VIP pricing, so the price is pretty much set.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Hmmm I looked into this as well and specifically asked if they could do 1.9%. They said only 36 months and lower. 48 and up you get 2.9%.

In Southern California (maybe other areas as well) the dealerships always tell me "well we're not obligated to offer the national deals you see on subaru.com" so you really have to work to pin them down on any deal. Not trying to be discouraging - that's just been my experience. Maybe they're just bs'ing me.

Have you looked to a bank or credit union for your loan? You don't have to submit to Chase Auto Finance (Subaru)