Finally got a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally got a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my name is Reiss. I registered here years ago when i had my Si This was her.. this ...

Finally got a WRX

Hey guys, my name is Reiss. I registered here years ago when i had my Si

This was her..

this is why the hood was off..

well anways, one rainy day in november this happened

deemed a total loss.

so from there on i bought a few cars, these 3 to be exact

and the dd altima

Well i finally got my **** together, sold the gt and the 240 and went out today and bought this

Ive had a smile on my face the entire day. My plans are just for and exhaust and a BOV. not looking for speed, just sound. Ill see you guys around
    Last edited by Super Fly; 03-03-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: fixed pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice looking wrx, how much was it?

The guy was asking 8,200 but i was able to walk away with it for only 7,800. Pretty good for SD prices.

nice.congrats

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats =).

Any idea on the modifications already done?
    Last edited by Heide264; 03-03-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Other than the Apline Deck and speakers its completely stock. My only plans are to make it sound good, so BOV and exhaust, maybe headers. Its hard to find info on this forum considering the BOV thread is 700 pages long and 90% of it is spam, flaming, and unanswered questions. So if any one could point me in the right direction of BOV that would be nice.

The very first post on the first thread that comes up when you type in "blow off valve" in the search bar will clear it all up for you

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Congrats on the Bugeye!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Fly View Post
    Its hard to find info on this forum considering the BOV thread is 700 pages long and 90% of it is spam, flaming, and unanswered questions. So if any one could point me in the right direction of BOV that would be nice.
    I'll point you in the right direction... away from the BOV. The general consensus is that a BOV system will do more harm than good at stockish power levels. Your stock BPV is functional to well over 20 PSI. WRXs are MAF-metered, so a VTA (vent to atmosphere) BOV is leaking metered air into the atmosphere. This causes the car to run rich and bog between shifts. If you want the sound, my suggestion is to perform the "elbow silencer delete mod" (also called "snorkus delete mod") that removes the intake silencer and allows you to hear the stock BPV through the intake tract.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Sweet, thanks guys. Sorry i was just really irritated that the only info I looked at was all that mess so I just threw in the towel. I will look up what both of you said and thank you very much. See you guys around

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.