Greetings From Humboldt!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Greetings From Humboldt! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone! I recently picked up a medially modified 2004 WRX Wagon from Sacramento. My second baby is due and ...

Greetings From Humboldt!

Hi everyone!
    I recently picked up a medially modified 2004 WRX Wagon from Sacramento. My second baby is due and might be born today so I had to move up from my 2 door 240sx to a 4 door 'fun family car'.

Some of ya'll might know me from ka-t.org, a site where people turbocharge the USDM 240sx motor, the KA24DE. I am notorious for my tuning database where I started a free tune hosting/sharing scene and long winded tuning discussion so as to help new ka-t members learn how to tune. I was recently made a moderator over there as a way to recognize my devotion to the KA-T community. I spend a lot of time on there, even when I don't own a 240, because I love to teach people how to tune (I love to teach things I know).
    --------

So far I'm really diggin this WRX. The appeal of the AWD system is so much more real when you're at the wheel! Not to mention that with the Vishnu ECU, this WRX is actually putting down power in excess of my current S14 240sx (which I'm sadly selling to fund the WRX). I'm actually pretty surprised that this little bagel turbo can push 17 psi! That's pretty cool.

The car has catless up/downpipes, but they are not installed because the seller had the vehicle smogged before sale. Once they are back on I am sure this car will have another 30hp or more. The Vishnu site says the car should flex over 280hp with the underdrive pully, tune, and pipes. I did notice that a switch from valet mode to 'boost' mode yielded a bit more on the butt-dyno.

It's a bit of a change going from a 2.4 liter 'stroked' motor like the KA to this 2.0 liter, low compression, de-stroked thing... haha. I'm almost reminded of my dad's F250 turbo diesel and how it basically always makes boost just to get around town! With the 240 (and good tuning by me) you can get some snappy power in the off-boost part of the map.. you can easily roll off a stop in 2nd gear... with the WRX I found myself bogging 2nd while attempting the same.

With the mods this car has already its hard not to like. Everything is so snappy and stuck to the ground. The performance is on par with what I am used to, and I'm totally looking forward to hitting the offroad and dirt road surrounding areas!

The wife and kiddo (and hopefully the second one) love the car too. Spacious enough, sexy, and comfortable! My fat butt doesn't really like the tightness of the bucket seat, but I feel its more of my own fault than the cars'.

All in all, this car feels like as step up from a 240sx. It has different purposes, but it serves those purposes well and serves MORE purposes than the 240 can! Siiiick.

I look forward to delving into subie tuning theories/parameters and sharing the WRX experience with all of you.

Rock on!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi...I see a lot of letters and no pictures....lol! Welcome!!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

welcome
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Hi...I see a lot of letters and no pictures....lol! Welcome!!
    Ok ok... Just for you I got an android FTP program so I can host the pics on my site from my phone. I've been needing to do this anyway so I don't have to xfer from phone to pc to webhost. This is the only pic I have so far.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    WRB wagon,nice. Good luck with her.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

An overquare motor (like the EJ205) should produce more torque than a comparable stroked motor but at a higher RPM. Combine that with a dismal compression ratio and lack of piston volume, and the EJ205 has a nice fat no-torque zone under 2000 RPMs.

Congratulations on the new baby!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.