Excited! Just ordered a DGM 5 door limited

This is a discussion on Excited! Just ordered a DGM 5 door limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been mulling over color choices for about two weeks. I was set on black, but kept reading so many ...

Excited! Just ordered a DGM 5 door limited

I've been mulling over color choices for about two weeks. I was set on black, but kept reading so many things about how soft subaru's black paint is, and how easily it scratches. Then I saw a blue one on a recent trip out to Colorado Springs and loved it. Not sure if I could like the blue long term though, so I finally went with DGM. A buddy of mine just bought a DGM sedan and it looks awfully nice. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a DGM 5 door. Now the wait begins...

Anybody want to buy a 2003 Infiniti G35 6MT coupe in about 6 weeks?
    Only 46,000 miles.... excellent condition...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats! I just ordered 2011 5 door in white... I put my civic up for sale and it sold in less than 48 hours. Now I have no car for 4-6 weeks LOL

DGM looks good

My last Subaru was a DGM (or similar) standard Impreza. This time around I was going for the WRX but didn't want to go DGM again and like you I'm not sure if I could live with the blue (although it's a really great color of blue) so it was between silver and white. Silver didn't look great to me on the Subaru website but in person I think it looks really sharp.Especially with the WRX badging on the back of the front wheel fenders. I did see a DGM STi two nights ago (got the two finger salute) and it looks pretty sweet.

Congrats!

Banned
    Why would it be hard to live with blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    Why would it be hard to live with blue?
    Because my wife would complain! LoL!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your purchase.I have never wanted any other color other than WRB just bcoz it is uniquely a Subaru color,they even have it in their logos.Fell in love with the color watching too much WRC.It does draw a lot of attention though.You are anything but conspicuous.But I love it anyway.IMO if you want to blend in with other cars on the road you might want a silver,black is a PITA to take care off.Pearl white is just beautiful(a unique shade of white),red looked a little over the top for my taste.DGM is not too bad ,another color that blends in.
    OP ,all Subaru color paints are soft.I have 2 scratches on my hood from just brushing snow off of it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Like you I originally was planning on the black, as I have a coworker who has it and it looks great. But I went DGM for several reasons:

1. Personally I think it looks great on the car, and has a bit more of an adult owned look to it to me - though the white fits that one as well.
    2. I hate washing my car and black never looks clean. DGM hides it better. Call me lazy, but I am what I yam.
    3. My wife likes it - which does matter to me.
    4. Less attention from the police, which is good if you have a heavy foot.
    5. And did I mention that I think it looks great on the car?

Everyone has their own opinion on colors, so just go with what makes sense for you. And then enjoy the car!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I share most of those same thoughts BigDaddyRex... especially number 4. I tend to have a heavy foot - heck I wouldn't have bought this car otherwise. Coming from a G35 coupe. Extremely easy to go fast in that car, 90 feels pretty much the same as 60. Wifey got a ticket in it going 75 in a 45. I warned her to use cruise because it was too easy to speed. She said 'naaah, I don't need cruise, I won't speed'. Ha.

So how are the WRX's at speed? Had a 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse that got scary floaty above about 85. It was all over the road with just the slightest steering wheel moves. The G35 is totally locked in at any speed I've taken it too. So far only about 115, but it felt nice there.

Quote Originally Posted by rm101326 View Post
    I share most of those same thoughts BigDaddyRex... especially number 4. I tend to have a heavy foot - heck I wouldn't have bought this car otherwise. Coming from a G35 coupe. Extremely easy to go fast in that car, 90 feels pretty much the same as 60. Wifey got a ticket in it going 75 in a 45. I warned her to use cruise because it was too easy to speed. She said 'naaah, I don't need cruise, I won't speed'. Ha.

So how are the WRX's at speed? Had a 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse that got scary floaty above about 85. It was all over the road with just the slightest steering wheel moves. The G35 is totally locked in at any speed I've taken it too. So far only about 115, but it felt nice there.
    I didn't have any problems doing 105 - 110 on my way home from the dealer and it felt great to me..
    Robert

Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM