Ordered 2011 WRX HB Premium

This is a discussion on Ordered 2011 WRX HB Premium within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello ClubWRX, Thanks all for posting info on the 2011 WRX! I sold my 2006 Civic Si today and ordered ...

Ordered 2011 WRX HB Premium

Hello ClubWRX,

Thanks all for posting info on the 2011 WRX!

I sold my 2006 Civic Si today and ordered a 2011 WRX 5 door. I am looking forward to the extra doors, extra power, and awd! The stereo may need to be upgraded as the civic si on was pretty good. I had upgraded suspension on my civic si. I hope the stock suspension is not too soft. The dealer did not have any to test drive. I drove an 09 a few years back when I first started looking in 2008 when the 09's got the much needed boost in power, and this year i fell in love with the looks of the wrx!..SOLD!

I was told 4-6 weeks for delivery. Hoping it comes sooner as I am without a car now LOL

Color: White
    Premium model
    short throw shifter, body side molding, all season mats and a few cargo deals.

I'll be posting/checking quite a bit thanks again clubwrx.net

a few pics of my old civic

Last edited by VdoManZ; 02-28-2011 at 08:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and Congrats on the WRX!
    Wagon Mafia FTW!
    I love the satin white I can't wait to see pics. Hopefully you won't have to wait to long.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

ok so I was told "month of May" for my order placed on 2/28.... still waiting on a update from my dealer. I can only assume the tsunami/earthquake in Japan is going to delay my order quite a bit. Maybe I got lucky and my car was already out of Japan? 2 months seems a little long for a car to leave japan and get to a dealer. who knows.

anyone have updates on orders placed end of feb beginning of march?

I'm pretty curious about how the tragedy in Japan is affecting their output as well. Have you tried calling your dealer and getting an update?
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

According to my dealer - the facilities in Japan where Subarus are made will be shut down for at least 60 days. What is 'in country' is all there is. He said that when the lot is empty they'll effectively be a used car dealership until production resumes. Problem in my mind is there is a 60 day wait plus shipping time, plus customs and dealer delivery. Could be more like a 120 day wait.

Of course this is all speculation based on what a sales weasel at my dealer said. Who knows what is true. I just think its common sense that there will be some interruption in supply. How long - who knows.

Well good news everyone... looks like the factories are starting back up tomorrow.... limited run but still better than nothing.

http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/contents/pdf_en_71899.pdf

Subaru Production Situation in Japan beyond April 6
    Following Major Earthquake in Northeastern Japan

Tokyo, April 5, 2011 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, announced today that it will resume passenger-vehicle production with a limited number of production units on Wednesday, April 6, assessing parts supply as well as electric power supply. FHI has not decided when full-scale passenger-vehicle production will resume.

Separately, FHI resumed mini-vehicle production with a limited number of production units on March 31, assessing parts supply as well as electric power supply. FHI has not decided when full-scale mini-vehicle production will resume. It also restarted production of parts for overseas production on March 23 and production of spare parts on March 24 respectively, with some parts available for production.

We greatly regret any inconvenience it may cause our customers, and appreciate their understanding during these challenging times.

AND looks like they have a backlog of the "April" dealer allocations of about 15% before they get started on May allocations. April allocations will be delivered mid may. SOOOO looks like there is going to be a 4-5 week delay for any orders allocated with month of may/june.

March 30, 2011
    Dear Subaru Retailer,

It has now been almost three weeks since the devastating earthquake and tsunami hit the northeast region of Japan. In that time, Fuji Heavy Industries and all manufacturers and suppliers throughout the country have been working diligently to assess the impact to their supply chain and ability to resume production. In the meantime, the entire country is continuing to deal with multiple challenges including the much publicized nuclear crisis, power supply shortages and the daunting task of assessing the extent of the damage to life, property and infrastructure.

In light of these challenges, we realize that information has been difficult and slow to come by and we appreciate your patience. While full information is still not available, we would like to share the most updated status to help with your planning and expectations.

As we have previously shared, FHI facilities including factories and our port operations received very little damage so we were optimistic that we would resume production shortly after the earthquake. However ongoing uncertainties with parts supply and power supply have forced continued delays to the start of production of vehicles. While the exact restart date of production of our Japan facilities is not yet available, we are anticipating some further delays. As previously stated, production is up and running for replacement parts and for vehicle kits for export to SIA. SIA has continued to produce through this period, however they are currently producing on a modified schedule with no overtime, and half shifts on some days.

Based on this current status, our allocations for April and May delivery will be affected. For allocation four (April Delivery) most of our Japan sourced (Forester, Impreza) units were built prior to the earthquake and will be delivered close to normal schedule. There are some April units (around 15%) that are not yet completed and will be the first built when production restarts. For SIA units (Legacy, Outback, Tribeca), there may be some minor delays based on our modified schedule. We currently anticipate that most of April scheduled deliveries from SIA will arrive by mid-May.

The amount of units for allocation five (May delivery) for Japan sourced product will be dependent on restart of production and has not yet been determined; however you should anticipate a significantly reduced quantity from expected levels. Allocation five for SIA products will likely also be lower than expected though not as much so. For June forward, we currently anticipate returning to more normal allocation quantities but as you might expect, the situation continues to be pretty fluid.

We are in continual communication with FHI and SIA to determine production status and future plans. We are working to ensure minimal disruption to your inventory pipeline and we will continue to update you as more information becomes available. In the mean time, we will end March with among strongest levels of dealer inventory since August of 2009, which is good news.

Thank you again for your partnership, patience and understanding.
    Sincerely,

Tom Doll Tim Colbeck Executive Vice President and COO Senior Vice President - Sales

Definitely good news. I placed an order right after you, on 3/1. Was also told to expect it in May. Have received a few updates from the dealer due to the Japan situation, but they still seem optimistic that it will be delivered in May. I hope so, but would not at all be surprised for it to be in June. I've still got to sell my car, so I'm hoping for a more accurate delivery date at some point so I can proceed with trying to sell my car in order to claim trade-in value for it and reduce the sales tax I owe!

OK I could not risk waiting on my "month of may" order turning into a June/July delivery. My dealer called today and offered a different car coming in end of this month. I am thinking about taking a blue 5 door limited with short shifter, side molding, bumper cover, and home linke mirror. working out price now...