Are you happy with your WRX or STI? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you happy with your WRX or STI? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 Plenty of people on this forum with 04/05 motors have been replaced. Of course they have. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77
    Plenty of people on this forum with 04/05 motors have been replaced.
    Of course they have. I merely pointed out that motors from '06+ let go at a much higher rate than '04/'05
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For the extra money the Sti cost, you could get some sick coilovers and sway bars so it would handle better therm a Sti, sick wheels, access port and sone other mods and would be a lot cooler car. Sti is a very sick car but feel that for the average Joe that will just drive the car, the wrx with 5k in mods would be just as fun if not more and would look better as well. My 2cents, take it or leave it

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    sick coilovers
    sick wheels
    sick car
    totally sick, bro.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Inappropriate
    Last edited by SD_GR; 03-05-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Rules

It would also be way SICkER than your '06! Haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Edited
    Personal insults are not allowed on this forum. Please read the rules.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 03-05-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

How is criticizing what someone says not a personal insult??

I Support ClubWRX
    Because it's criticizing what someone says.

A personal insult is directed at the speaker, not what is said. The choice of words I edited were a slur against a specific group of people. Please read the rules.

I can see how what you were responding to could be taken as provocative, but it was within the rules. A slur is not.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well, getting back to the original posters question... I love both my Soobs - My RS sportback is a great everyday car for transporting my music gear, the dogs, the wife etc etc, and after getting Eagle Ultra grip winter tyres, the RS is just unbelievable in the snow. My WRX is the icing on the cake, mainly used for my work commute and weekend fun... no dogs or music gear go near this one ...both cars have 62,000km on them btw, no issues, no probs,

I Support ClubWRX
    I've put dogs in my WRX and the issues I've seen are the quality of the plastics (scratch prone) and the weave of the fabrics (GSD hairs can interweave into the fabric, making them very difficult to remove). Other than that, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I've put dogs in my WRX and the issues I've seen are the quality of the plastics (scratch prone) and the weave of the fabrics (GSD hairs can interweave into the fabric, making them very difficult to remove). Other than that, no problems.
    wow, indeed!... the centre console especially around the shifter and coin tray.. my 85lb Boxer rides up front strapped in with his own safety harness, but the long legs can make a real scratched mess of the plastics if you're not careful.

I Support ClubWRX
    The door cards can take a beating too.

For the extra money the Sti cost, you could get some sick coilovers and sway bars so it would handle better therm a Sti, sick wheels, access port and sone other mods and would be a lot cooler car. Sti is a very sick car but feel that for the average Joe that will just drive the car, the wrx with 5k in mods would be just as fun if not more and would look better as well. My 2cents, take it or leave it
    And now you've spent $5k and voided many things in your warranty.

And $5k will actually get you:
    Crappy coilovers $2k
    Medium quality wheels and tires $2200
    And the AP stage 1 $550
    Sways $350
    Endlinks $350
    Alignment $100
    TOTAL: $5550

And we still haven't covered the "some other mods" you referred to, this assume you do the labor yourself, and you've invalidated your warranty on many of the most expensive parts of the car. Add labor and some other mods and now you're in the $7k range.

If you want sick coilovers, sick wheels, and good tires to go along with them, add another couple grand to get yourself close to $9k.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Well that's your opinion I guess, but I'd personally take a 11 wrx with those mods over a stock Sti. Unless I planned on building an all out track car due to the Sti having better drivetrain. 2k could get you pretty nice coilovers for a street car as well.

For the money I am happy with my wrx. If I could have comfortably afforded an sti I would have one for sure but it was not worth the extra $150 a month and higher cost of ownership to me.

Trying to make a wrx equal to an sti doesn't make much sense to me. You drop $5k on a wrx and it's still not an sti. And what some of the younger kids seem to forget is a stock used sti is worth about double what a modded wrx is worth down the road.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast