Finally got a WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally got a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I sold my '93 Legacy wagon and finally was able to step up to a WRX. As much as I ...

Registered User tyrannosauruswrx's Avatar

Finally got a WRX

I sold my '93 Legacy wagon and finally was able to step up to a WRX. As much as I absolutely love my WRX, I already miss the wagon, that thing was a champ in the snow, got insane gas mileage and never had a single mechanical problem even with well over 200,000 miles. I can't see myself driving any other brand, that car made me a fan for life.
    Here's a couple pictures of my new baby(sorry for the cell phone pics)

Right now I'm looking into getting some tint, clear bra, mud flaps and maybe an aftermarket stereo if I can find one that lets me retain my bluetooth/console usb and auxillary/steering wheel controls. Nothing too crazy, and definitely nothing that would void my warranty.
    Man it feels good to be a WRX owner
    Last edited by tyrannosauruswrx; 02-27-2011 at 01:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice.Welcome,love the screen name
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

congrats

get that clear bra asap! subaru paint is not the best. i believe a fellow clubdubber said it best when they said you could compare subaru paint to watercolors
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    get that clear bra asap! subaru paint is not the best. i believe a fellow clubdubber said it best when they said you could compare subaru paint to watercolors
    That's what I've heard, it is definitely at the top of my list. Does it leave an obvious line where the film ends? Or does it blend in fairly well?

I Support ClubWRX
    I can tell you by next weekend when I have clear bra installed on my wrb
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Nice machine. This may be a rookie question but what is the clear bra? Im super curious now....

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I can tell you by next weekend when I have clear bra installed on my wrb
    Yeah, if you could give me a review/post some pictures that would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Jay508 View Post
    Nice machine. This may be a rookie question but what is the clear bra? Im super curious now....
    Have you seen the leather covers (or "bras") that cover the front end of a car? A clear bra is a film kind of like window tint that covers the front end of your car but is virtually invisible. Apparently a clear bra provides the same level of protection, but I'm curious as to how "invisible" it really is and if there is any special maintenance regarding washing/waxing.

hey man, congrats on the ride. not to steal your thread or anything but i just got some quotes for a clear bra for my 11 hatch. keeps coming in around $500+ tax. thats for the whole thing. bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, any high impact area. is that a good price? seems high to me.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    tax for clear bra install?I'm getting mine done this week for $900,hood,bumpers,fenders,door edges,door handle cups,A-pillar,rockers,mirrors.That was the lowest price I found after asking about 6 installers.It also depends on the installer,see if you can see an example of your installers work.$500 is a really good price.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Yeah another WRB 11! Congrats man. Makes me want to go drive mine right now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    tax for clear bra install?I'm getting mine done this week for $900,hood,bumpers,fenders,door edges,door handle cups,A-pillar,rockers,mirrors.That was the lowest price I found after asking about 6 installers.It also depends on the installer,see if you can see an example of your installers work.$500 is a really good price.
    Wow. definitely. I'm going to go there this week and talk to them. they did my tint as well and I'm VERY happy with it. He said it was everything, I wanna make sure the other things you mentioned are included. if so, I think you may have persuaded me to do it. Thanks man.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tyrannosauruswrx View Post
    Have you seen the leather covers (or "bras") that cover the front end of a car? A clear bra is a film kind of like window tint that covers the front end of your car but is virtually invisible. Apparently a clear bra provides the same level of protection, but I'm curious as to how "invisible" it really is and if there is any special maintenance regarding washing/waxing.

I would like to see photos of these car bras. I think with regards to clear bras, there is really no special maintenance as cleaning is the same as would be required with leather bras.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    I think that was me...

OP- Welcome and congratulations on the purchase... She's purdy
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast