Just bought my first subaru today!

This is a discussion on Just bought my first subaru today! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I bought my first subaru. It's a 2004 WRX Sedan. Manual of course. Came with a glowshift boost gauge, ...

Just bought my first subaru today!

Today I bought my first subaru. It's a 2004 WRX Sedan. Manual of course. Came with a glowshift boost gauge, a catback exhaust, shaved rear emblems/spoiler, and a K&N air filter. I already love this car more than my 00 celica GT-S, this car actually has torque! That's what I've been missing, lol.

The very first thing I did with it is take it on a 100 mile trip up a very curvy mountain road and to snow I'm astonished how well this thing handles for a stock car. It has plenty of body roll but I felt very firmly planted to the pavement the whole trip!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and my new car and say hi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Subaru!
    Also Congrats on your WRX and welcome to the club!
    Very nice snow pic too.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Congrats!!!

welcome to the fold.. enjoy the car! Keep it in good shape and it'll deliver a smile every time you drive it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

hola and congrats

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the Club!

I test drove a 2001 Celica GT-S back then. Seemingly zero torque and no power unless you kept in the high revs. I also dealt with the worst car salesman ever.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks for the welcome

I did my first oil change on it today and hopefully will be changing out all the fluids, filters, and spark plugs next weekend. Also hopefully pulling the stereo system out of my celica to put in here too. Can someone tell me what stock boost is for this car? I seem to be hitting around 15-16 PSI before tapering back down, at least according to the crappy glowshift gauge and that seems kinda high to me. I wasn't sure if the filter and exhaust are just allowing it to breathe better or if someone had messed with something to get it to boost higher.
    2004 WRX Sedan - The new D/D and toy
    1969 Pontiac LeMans - The project car
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S - Sold

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats! Pics of the LeMans??? The Lemans/GTO is one of my favorite cars of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by 6strngs View Post
    Thanks for the welcome

I did my first oil change on it today and hopefully will be changing out all the fluids, filters, and spark plugs next weekend. Also hopefully pulling the stereo system out of my celica to put in here too. Can someone tell me what stock boost is for this car? I seem to be hitting around 15-16 PSI before tapering back down, at least according to the crappy glowshift gauge and that seems kinda high to me. I wasn't sure if the filter and exhaust are just allowing it to breathe better or if someone had messed with something to get it to boost higher.
    Stock boost is 13.7 PSI. 16 PSI seems like Stage 2 territory (3" turboback exhaust + tune). You might want to determine exactly what mods your car has... if you are still running the stock uppipe at 16 psi, you may run into trouble sooner than later...
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome and congrats! Pics of the LeMans??? The Lemans/GTO is one of my favorite cars of all time...
    I honestly don't think I have any good pics of the lemans right now. I will have to take some soon, but it's not much to look at. lol. Has a Chevy 350/th350, I rebuilt the whole front end suspension, steering, and brake components
    . Eibach springs, KYB gas-a-just shocks, front disc brake conversion. The engine runs nice, currently just an edelbrock intake and carb, and an MSD distributor. The interior and exterior still need a lot of work, but the stuff that matters is all either brand new or works great! Here's a pic of my Celica though:

And one of my girlfriends 58 chevy Biscayne right when she bought it:

Stock boost is 13.7 PSI. 16 PSI seems like Stage 2 territory (3" turboback exhaust + tune). You might want to determine exactly what mods your car has... if you are still running the stock uppipe at 16 psi, you may run into trouble sooner than later...
    I tried to see if I could see any manual boost controllers or disconnect vacuum lines off the wastegate actuator or something but I see no evidence of that. I was looking throught the forums and I saw mention that it's possilbe to adjust the wastegate arm to boost it higher? Makes sense since the boost only hits 15-16 for a second or two and then drops back down by 2-3 PSI, so once the wastegate was able to overcome the increased pressure of the arm it would drop boost back down to where it should be. Or am I way off?
    2004 WRX Sedan - The new D/D and toy
    1969 Pontiac LeMans - The project car
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S - Sold