Ordered '11 WRX Premium

This is a discussion on Ordered '11 WRX Premium within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ordered my new car about a week ago. Already ran through the owners manual. Now, I'm looking for something ...

Ordered '11 WRX Premium

I ordered my new car about a week ago. Already ran through the owners manual. Now, I'm looking for something else to make the next few weeks.

I traded away my 04 RX8 GT for this. I know it will live up to how my RX was. I'll still miss my little rotary tho.

Anyway, what are some things I need to know about my new car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats mang you will love your new ride it is unlike any other car iv driven including the rx8. my bro has a 2008 rx8 and he is selling his to get a new wrx too lol. to kill time start researching your mods wish list when mine was on order the last week felt like a year. When i finally got the ru it was like i had taken a poo that was backed up for a couple weeks. i felt like a champ.

you will not miss the lack of torque in your RX-8. you will miss the great handling that the RX-8 is known for. the WRX is a VERY different car, and pretty much understeers terribly out of the box. just make sure you are aware, and you will not be disappointed.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    you will not miss the lack of torque in your RX-8. you will miss the great handling that the RX-8 is known for. the WRX is a VERY different car, and pretty much understeers terribly out of the box. just make sure you are aware, and you will not be disappointed.
    are there good mods to counter act the understeer? i know it'll be hard to reach the "on rails" handling that the rx had. but, i am def looking forward to the increase in toque...and the awd.

it snowed here in MO a few weeks back and the rx was stuck in the garage for 2 weeks. anything over an inch grounded it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aintnoprophet View Post
    are there good mods to counter act the understeer?
    Sure there is. You'll want to do some reading, suspension work is somewhat of an art. Some sway bars and endlinks are going to be your first thing to look into, as well as a new alignment =).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro