Pics of my 11 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pics of my 11 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by chefbabu yup im pretty sure all the 2011's will have those. the sti has the same ones ...

Quote Originally Posted by chefbabu View Post
    yup im pretty sure all the 2011's will have those. the sti has the same ones just bigger.
    comment clarification (on 2011s) ...

the sti rims have 14 spokes and are 18 x 8.5"

the rex rims have 15 spokes are are 17 x 8"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    +1 the bear is keeping it that way. Love it when its clean and un-chipped.

Nice ride Chef.. lookin good man!!

At the risk of sounding negative.. is this your first subaru? The paint is terribly brittle. Keeping the crud/dust off of it is a great Idea but even water will leave blemishes over time. Bird poo is terrible anyway but I recently had one fly by and make a direct hit.. I witnessed it and wiped it off in a matter of moments with a damp terrycloth towel. .. bigger than daylight it left a blemish.... it was literally less than 2 min it was on the paint.
    Check out the 08+ pic thread.. you'll see the chipping issue I've got up front at just 40K mi. I highly recommend a clear bra while your car still looks perfect.
    Yeah i have noticed the paint job kinda sux. iv learned to buy pearl white subies from now on but since i have the black one im trying to make the best of it. so far the paint is holding up ok. when i picked it up from the dealer the car had 2 miles on it and the paint had swirls striaght from the factory. it still had plastic wrap on the hood and i removed it and i noticed swirls in the paint. i guess its just the way subaru black is straight from paint booth. BUt black does look good IMO even with the imperfections. All my machines are black so im used to swirls and can see past them. I have a black cbr black lexus black honda black subie black wr250x and a black e350 lol. black is how i roll.

I Support ClubWRX
    One word.....Beautiful!
    Also the background is awesome.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Yeah i have noticed the paint job kinda sux. iv learned to buy pearl white subies from now on but since i have the black one im trying to make the best of it. so far the paint is holding up ok. when i picked it up from the dealer the car had 2 miles on it and the paint had swirls striaght from the factory. it still had plastic wrap on the hood and i removed it and i noticed swirls in the paint. i guess its just the way subaru black is straight from paint booth. BUt black does look good IMO even with the imperfections. All my machines are black so im used to swirls and can see past them. I have a black cbr black lexus black honda black subie black wr250x and a black e350 lol. black is how i roll.
    Yeah mine came with factory swirls too.. I declined the delivery detail in an attempt to avoid it.. but, as you said its a factory installed option on the obp cars LOL. It does look badass when clean though.. I just wish it didn't chip so easily. The swirls I can handle.. the chipping is just disappointing.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Yeah mine came with factory swirls too.. I declined the delivery detail in an attempt to avoid it.. but, as you said its a factory installed option on the obp cars LOL. It does look badass when clean though.. I just wish it didn't chip so easily. The swirls I can handle.. the chipping is just disappointing.
    clear bra is the way to go but a custom job doing the entire hood with bumper rearviews and fenders will run 1400 easy. u cant tell anything is on there its like armor for your paint i know a very precise installer who uses avery brand film its wicked strong and since its custom it wraps the hood completly and bumper no lines at all. but its a rally car so that money is going to whitline sway bars instead. i saw a do it yourself precut 3m kit on ebay for a reasonable price... waiting some for people to review it before i mess with it..

also with black cars and swirls if you have a custom clear film wrap on your black car it completey hides all small imperfections its really good stuff. worth the big bucks if you plan on keeping the car a long while.

this guy has done a few of my cars in the past...

http://invisibra.net/
    Last edited by chefbabu; 03-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Here is a pic of her after a wax job with some cool background.

WOW!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12