Break-in is over! Let the fun begin!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Break-in is over! Let the fun begin! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got my '11 WRX on 2/7. Hit 1000 miles tonight. Let the fun begin!...

Break-in is over! Let the fun begin!

Got my '11 WRX on 2/7. Hit 1000 miles tonight. Let the fun begin!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OH MY GOD that is the biggest picture of an odometer i have ever seen! congrats on killing the first 1k. go to your closest freeway on ramp, and try going 0-100. funnest thing ever, as long as you can do it safely!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Oops. Smaller now. Sorry.

I would've been cruising, looking down occasionally, and then as soon as it hit, gun it.

actually, if I had a new car, I'd probably use the agressive break-in - drive it REALLY HARD both accelerating and engine braking for the first 20 miles or so, do an oil change, and drive it like normal. Apparently it allegedly might be a little bit almost better for your rings...

...then again, I let the first owner deal with that on my car... 120k ago

Congrats. Have fun with the car!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Banned
    1000 miles seems like forever! I am at 600ish. I drive 100 miles to work but its mostly freeway so I am trying not to take this car. I can vary my speed ok though because the freeway is pretty open. I get off and back on occasionally so it doesnt get in a rut.

Were you true to the break-in period? not going over 4000 rpm is hard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    Were you true to the break-in period? not going over 4000 rpm is hard sometimes.
    I tried my best. Maybe went over 4000 once or twice....I drove to Philly last weekend so that was 600 miles. I just made sure I didn't cruise at one RPM toooooooo much since that's apparently also not 'recommended'. Now..all bets are off.

Banned
    I will try to be more patient. I had to hit 6000 rpm a couple times last night to see what it was like. The dealer actually told me 500 miles and didnt say exactly what not to do. I am probably gonna ruin it.

My sales lady didn't mention break-in at all. Of course, she also told me that the WRX uses regular grade gas...so I didn't much pay attention to her.

I have just under 500 miles on my WRX. I have been a bit over 4000 (not more than 4900 rpm) a few times though... I don't think it has too much of a difference; I think that the only reason for 'break-in' is just to make sure you don't shoot up to redline and whip up to 120 after the first 200 miles on your car.

Got my '11 WRX on 2/7. Hit 1000 miles tonight. Let the fun begin!
    GO have some FUN!! I am very jealous, I still think I need a week or two to get to 1000 miles

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just need my car haha!
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    I just need my car haha!
    When did you order? And hatch or sedan?

Lol I have that same picture on my cell phone. Also just got one at 2011 miles just for ****s

You should go over 4000 RPM at least a few times during break-in. You just don't want to do it all the time. It's healthier for break-in if you red line it at least a few times. I'd just wait past 100 miles or so.

I'm almost over the 2000 mark on my new STI, and I've only had it about 6 weeks.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

brandonlp What dealer did you get your car from?
    I'm a little over an hour from Pittsburgh but the weather is night and day difference. I'm sure you are enjoying the bare roads.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

@Eric05mx .. I got it at Hamilton Subaru. And "bare roads"? We just got 9 inches of snow on Monday and the roads are still messed up from it. Good thing is, it's supposed to be warm and rainy today, so the snow will be gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast