Break-in is over! Let the fun begin! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Break-in is over! Let the fun begin! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by brandonlp When did you order? And hatch or sedan? Sedan, I ordered back on Jan 7th... shouldn't ...

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlp View Post
    When did you order? And hatch or sedan?
    Sedan, I ordered back on Jan 7th... shouldn't be much longer though :]
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stu, I'm gonna have a beer for you when you get yours. You've been to hell and back for this thing. All I can say is good luck with your break in, take a nice LONG road trip and get it over with ASAP!

I also cheated during my break in. Went over 4k about 4-5 times. Hit 6k maybe once. That stupid whine doesn't shut up and it just begs to be pushed harder.

I love the whine. Still haven't hit 6K. I'll try that on the way to work today since I get to take the parkway for a mile.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I love the whine. Still haven't hit 6K. I'll try that on the way to work today since I get to take the parkway for a mile.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Same here. The child in me giggles every time I hear it. There's this nice straightaway on my commute away from houses/kids/etc. After a long day of work there's nothing like ripping through a few gears. It just sucks because I get up to speed A LOT quicker in this car than the previous ones. But hey that's not always a bad thing

Just hit 1000 miles as well. Took a pic of the mileage, then continued to mash on it all the way from VT to Boston (in a safe manner). On-ramps, or as I Like to call them, sling-shots are new found glory.

It's not how fast you go, it's how you get there...

Quote Originally Posted by rudyrex View Post
    It's not how fast you go, it's how you get there...
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. My mom asked me why I wanted such a fast car and is worried that I'll be speeding around recklessly. I told her that the fun is getting to the speed limit twice as fast as my old car...not breaking laws and risking lives. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the power while being responsible.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. My mom asked me why I wanted such a fast car and is worried that I'll be speeding around recklessly. I told her that the fun is getting to the speed limit twice as fast as my old car...not breaking laws and risking lives. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the power while being responsible.
    Wife said the same thing. "Why do you want speeding tickets?" And I replied, "Why do you hate fun?" Then she took the car out for a rip and got on it a bit in 2nd - wound out the gear but kept it below the speed limit (again, without any other cars around - safe manner). Now she get's it, and wants to drive all the time.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Stu, I'm gonna have a beer for you when you get yours. You've been to hell and back for this thing. All I can say is good luck with your break in, take a nice LONG road trip and get it over with ASAP!
    It's not that bad honestly... just impatient :] But that first 1K will be easy... I'll be doing some joy riding... plus work...

I think all of the torque is going to be my favorite part, especially after the first tune...
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I'm with you - just over 500k, and haven't broken 4k rpm's until today. At a light with a very kitted out GTI who was revving at me and rolling. I went easy, but when I saw him floor it I thought I'd see what I had (just out of scientific curiousity). After handily putting him behind me and shutting it down I have to say - holy moly this thing is quick! Hit redline in second, and that will likely be the only visit there until I hit the magic 1k. Patience I tell myself, patience ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by rudyrex View Post
    "Why do you want speeding tickets?" And I replied, "Why do you hate fun?"
    My new response to everyone who thinks this about me. My girlfriend did a moderate 2nd gear pull and called it a rocket. She's a believer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    It's not that bad honestly... just impatient :] But that first 1K will be easy... I'll be doing some joy riding... plus work...

I think all of the torque is going to be my favorite part, especially after the first tune...
    I bet!

my wife likes to drive my WRX from time to time so she can "smoke fools." her words, not mine. she likes to put lexus IS250/350's in their place!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm so thankful my wife does not know how to drive a manual.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'm so thankful my wife does not know how to drive a manual.
    . that is sad. i love that my wife knows how to drive stick, and she drives the piss out of my car just like i do. its great.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    I love my wife but her driving sucks.She doesn't even trust herself with her car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast