gas mileage

This is a discussion on gas mileage within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got an 04 wrx a couple of weeks ago. i read that the mileage is around 20city-30hwy miles ...

gas mileage

i just got an 04 wrx a couple of weeks ago. i read that the mileage is around 20city-30hwy miles per gallon. i took a trip on flat terrain and only got about 20 miles per gallon hwy. does this sound right? i wasnt even driving it hard. the only mechanical mod is a magnaflow exhaust. when the fuel light comes on the dash, how many miles do you have until you really have to get gas? sorry for the rather stupid questions but i did a search and didnt have much luck. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I get 25mpg in my car when it's set to stage 2 and roughly 28 when it's set on the economy tune when i'm using cruise control. Are you keeping it at a constant speed? The minute your turbo spools you lose mpg's.

I get 18mpg city on my stage 1 tuned 2010 wrx.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I thought mine was low when i bought my 02 i am figuring mine is getting about 20 mpg. I did notice though when i fill the car which is about $38 (if you run 87 octane which i highly do not recommend ) i can drive 300 miles on one tank vs. $20 dollars at a time. sounds dumb but verified many times.

How many miles are on the car? What is the service history (i.e. plug age, air filter age/condition, etc)?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

i have had my 08 for a little over a month and have been getting about 20 in town, and in upwards of 30 on the highway....not interstate highway though. interstate sets me back to about 26-28. i have about 45K on the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!