gas mileage
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on gas mileage within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got an 04 wrx a couple of weeks ago. i read that the mileage is around 20city-30hwy miles ...

gas mileage

i just got an 04 wrx a couple of weeks ago. i read that the mileage is around 20city-30hwy miles per gallon. i took a trip on flat terrain and only got about 20 miles per gallon hwy. does this sound right? i wasnt even driving it hard. the only mechanical mod is a magnaflow exhaust. when the fuel light comes on the dash, how many miles do you have until you really have to get gas? sorry for the rather stupid questions but i did a search and didnt have much luck. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I get 25mpg in my car when it's set to stage 2 and roughly 28 when it's set on the economy tune when i'm using cruise control. Are you keeping it at a constant speed? The minute your turbo spools you lose mpg's.

I get 18mpg city on my stage 1 tuned 2010 wrx.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I thought mine was low when i bought my 02 i am figuring mine is getting about 20 mpg. I did notice though when i fill the car which is about $38 (if you run 87 octane which i highly do not recommend ) i can drive 300 miles on one tank vs. $20 dollars at a time. sounds dumb but verified many times.

How many miles are on the car? What is the service history (i.e. plug age, air filter age/condition, etc)?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

i have had my 08 for a little over a month and have been getting about 20 in town, and in upwards of 30 on the highway....not interstate highway though. interstate sets me back to about 26-28. i have about 45K on the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.