2011 WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have over 3000 miles on my 2011 WRX, I'm looking to increase HP I'm thinkin about cold air intake ...

2011 WRX

I have over 3000 miles on my 2011 WRX, I'm looking to increase HP I'm thinkin about cold air intake and maby stage 1 from Perrin what do you think? If you know anything better for increasing HP and saving some money please let me know. I'm new to Subaru and want to know which products and companies are good. Thanks,
    Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cobb.

AccessPort 599$
    Plug in, download, enjoy.
    CobbTuning.com - '11 WRX AccessPORT

More HP, more MPG.

dont waste the $$$ on the intake. its not really going to get you any more power, and plus it could cause issues with the MAF sensor. the accessport is a nice place to start, but also keep in mind, you could get a stage 1 pro-tune for less $$$ than the accessport and get significant increase in power over the stage 1 cobb map.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Is there a difference between perrin or cobb? @ nebuka

And dbya rx I saw a couple of videos on YouTube with malfunctions due to the intake, and is there I website to see what stage 1 pro tune is and specs?

pro-tunes are different for every single vehicle. that is why the are able to squeeze so much more power. there are members of this forum that have gotten as much as 25% more hp and torque out of a pro-tune vs the cobb/perrin maps OTS maps.

cobb sells their accessport unit with their own maps on it for stage 1 and 2 with different gasoline octanes. perrin also sells a cobb accessport, but perrin puts their own maps on it. there is not going to be a ton of difference between the stage 1 maps from cobb and perrin, but many people buy the accessport from perrin b/c you get a couple maps for free.

someone with a pro-tune will undoubtedly chime in at some point and give you their experience.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Ready for launch, huh? I want to slowly enjoy getting to 3K!
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

An AP w/ AEM CAI seems to give the biggest % gain in HP and TRQ with a COBB OTS map. With some sort of ProTune, probably more. I am sure Perrin has equal or better numbers as well. I think COBB is probably a bit more conservative and cautious.
    I ordered the AP w/ AEM CAI, will probably do some data logging stock, then with the AP only, and then AP w/ AEM CAI to get some numbers. Possibly get an eTune after running for a bit.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

I got 270whp and 290wtq on a dynapack from a protune. That is with absolutely no aftermarket parts on the car. My baseline was 220whp and 230wtq on this dyno. So that gains are pretty substantial from a good protune.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

metaldahlberg - that's impressive.
    prior to getting the AP, i wanted to get an e-tune by getting a modified map, but was unsure of how to do and best path and reliable e-tuners.
    on my 2006 STI, the AP made a difference.
    on my '11 WRX, i flashed this evening to Stage 1 - 93 but haven't driven it yet, will have to wait until tomorrow.
    I will probably put on the AEM intake this weekend and reflash and give my feedback again.
    Car is just shy of 1000 miles.
    Last edited by CVG993; 02-22-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

I went really slow with mine first 1k never went above 60, the next 2k never really drove crazy pushed it a couple of times

Alright so I decided not to get the intake to many problems I've seen, I'm deff guna get stage 1 of perrin or pro-tunes. Do u guys think that BOV's are a waste and think they also may get annoying hearing that noise all the time because I know they don't give any gains.

Read the BOV sticky at the top of the forum. Then skip the BOV.

Why the Perrin tune but not Cobb? And with the AEM intake you're not likely to run into problems if it's properly installed. It uses a dry filter and good mounting location.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

i went back and forth on getting some type of engine management.
    having had an AP in the past, I favored that route. as with the intake, i am not one that believes in getting any big gains, but seeing the numbers on cobbs site made me lean that way, so i purchased both at same time. i flashed to stage 1 93 and will drive around until this weekend, when i will then put in the AEM CAI. i would like to find an e-tuner for cobb that can help me fine tune the stock stage1 AEM93 Map.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

The bov itself will not 'give' you gains. What it will do is allow you to hold more boost. The late models wrxs have crappy plastic bovs. They cannot be expected to be reliable past 17psi. Some will hold a bit more, others a bit less.

My tuner pushed my boost to 17psi. When I get my bov I will be able to hold more boost.

Even if you don't go past 17psi you an aftermarket bov will be more reliable. Forge makes a good unit.

Also it will not be obnoxiously loud. Our bov are recirculating, that is, it.doesn't vent to atmosphere. So don't worry about sounding like a ricer- you won't.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

That's the one thing i don't want to do is sound like a ricer, is there a website I can go too, and are there any intakes that dont go down im afraid if say there's water that splashes up it can affect the intake right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast