2011 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Idk I live in NY and around an area where when it rains and likes to flood and I have ...

Idk I live in NY and around an area where when it rains and likes to flood and I have to drive over it that's why I'm trying to look for an intake that dosent go down the side of the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXROWER View Post
    Idk I live in NY and around an area where when it rains and likes to flood and I have to drive over it that's why I'm trying to look for an intake that dosent go down the side of the car.
    Then stay with the factory one. For the minimal gains you'll get out of a cai at a stage II level.. the factory airbox is worth the piece of mind and ability to be able to run the car in the wet n possibly through some deeper puddles. Get a nice drop in filter that will afford a little more flow if you absolutely have to mod the intake.. but other than that the factory airbox will be the best one to keep water out. They're engineered quite well in that respect. Besides.. your factory airbox IS a cold air intake, look where the snorkus (hehehe I love that word) picks up incoming air.. right between the hood and the grill forward of the radiator. That air is nice n cool.. especially if you're on the move.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    The warranty doesn't get voided. That can't happen. What can happen is potential engine claims may get denied. But stuff like suspension, electronics, window motors, etc are not impacted at all. So you're basically risking only pure engine failure. Common? No.

Do I think my performance mods will kill my car? Not in the least. I went nuts with my Evos and never had failures. Stage 2 on a Subaru to me is next to nothing.
    Well the warranty on the tranny, diffs, axles, and any other drivetrain part gets compromised, not just the engine. If you get a tune and blow your tranny, that's going to be an uphill fight. They could even deny coolant issues or a lot of things.

At the end of the day, it's up to them to PROVE the mod caused the failure. However, they already have lawyers on staff. They can deny it and then it's up to you to fight them, which costs money you'll never get back. It doesn't matter if you're right, this is the wonderful ole USA law system.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123