Age-inappropriate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Age-inappropriate within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi to everyone who said hi to me before. Once I realized that linking my FB account made my whole ...

Age-inappropriate

Hi to everyone who said hi to me before. Once I realized that linking my FB account made my whole name visible in posts I created this new account with an alias instead. I don't need my coworkers googling my car chatting.

I have a 2011 WRX, after driving a regular Impreza RS for about five years. Before that I was cruising around in a 1986 bmw 325e.

So do you think if I put an auto-dimming rear view mirror with homelink in my car it will make it painfully obvious that I'm a middle-aged woman driving what would otherwise be a cool car?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrxphoto.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    On the contrary - that would just make it that much hotter!

Seriously though - the car looks great - welcome aboard!

BTW - I have the dimming mirror (sans Homelink) and am glad everytime a truck/SUV/minivan/18 wheeler/etc. is behind me. Money well spent.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    What account was it so we can delete it?

That's kind of an issue. I'll discuss it with the other mods
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

KHP
    +1 on Homelink + Compass + Auto-Dimming mirror. My car didn't come with it so I bought it and put it on myself(Not very hard if you know how to use basic hand tools). I have 15% tinting on my rear windows and it still dims when lifted trucks pull up behind me.

Homelink is also awesome no need to clip one of those garage remotes onto the top glare shield anymore. This is especially good since there's not a lot of storage compartments in our cars. Why would make people think the car is driven by a middle aged-aged woman just based off the mirror lol. Who cares they're just probably jealous.

On the other hand what tires are those? It looks like you did your homework and got A/S or Winter Tires. My car plows through snow and ice with my winter tires (Embarrassment to 4x4 trucks that can't climb hills around my area) it looks like your car is ready for anything.
    Last edited by KHP; 02-21-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

i WISH i had the autodimming homelink. i would love to buy one, but its like almost $300, and that money is much better spent making the car faster/stiffer/louder. i have a gate and 2 seperate garages at my house. too many remotes to hang on the visor...
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    What account was it so we can delete it?

That's kind of an issue. I'll discuss it with the other mods
    The account was EDITED for privacy
    Last edited by SD_GR; 02-21-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Member privacy

I Support ClubWRX
    I meant what was your login name?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    i WISH i had the autodimming homelink. i would love to buy one, but its like almost $300, and that money is much better spent making the car faster/stiffer/louder. i have a gate and 2 seperate garages at my house. too many remotes to hang on the visor...
    Actually that's what I expected to pay when I went to the dealership to buy the mirror. The guy behind the counter asked me when I purchased the car because I maybe eligible for 30% off accessories. I was and he quoted me $178 for the mirror including installation kit. Thats dirt cheap when compared to other stealerships. So I decided to buy the armrest extension at the same time. If you're interested I would highly suggest stopping by your local dealer and ask them if they have any specials on accessories.

If not then you should look into the multiple button remotes they have now that should at least cut your remotes into one unit.
    Last edited by KHP; 02-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.

The dealer told me to drive straight home and immediately put all-weather or snow tires on it or I'd die. We were getting ready to have a big snowstorm so there was no time to order anything. I bought some Firestone all-season for it. The tire guys told me to consider.a dedicated snow because it would greatly improve performance in the crappy Cleveland weather, but so far these have been doing fine.

I'm almost 40, so I'm particularly sensitive to adding any accessories that might emphasize my age

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I meant what was your login name?
    That's what it was. When I clicked to log in with fb it was using my full name. It's entirely possible that I screwed something up in how I did it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I see... Alright. Thanks, we are actively looking into this. We may need to change some privacy settings, or even eliminate FB from ClubWRX.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

KHP
    Cool at least you don't have to switch tires out if you decide not to. Having dedicated winter and summer tires with one set of wheels can get expensive when you have to remount tires when seasons change.

I don't think that people look at the mirror when the first see a car. It's actually cool to see that you bought a fun aggressive car that shows mile out that you're very youthful. Enjoy your car.
    Last edited by KHP; 02-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I owned an 85 325e what a great car that was

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by PHDX View Post

I'm almost 40, so I'm particularly sensitive to adding any accessories that might emphasize my age
    I'm 32.. granted not a female but still I dont think the mirror would emphasize age, unless of course you were rolling to work doing your makeup and texting at the same time lol (I joke but I've seen 20somethings doing it..)

Anyhow my car had the homelink/compass mirror as it came off the boat, When I bought it I told the dealer I didn't want any accessories on it.. they didnt want to do the work to remove it so they tossed it in for free. I paid sticker anyway... so they made their money on me (was the only wrx hatch within 80mi and no other dealer would trade).
    I have the home link set up for not only my own garage door but the grandparents setup in Fl. Its been extremely useful. Its pretty cool to come rolling into my street, hit the button and scoot right into the garage like its the bat cave or something. Also really nice in crappy weather.. I get out of my car in a nice dry garage. When leaving its exactly the same.. I dont have to get out to close the garage door, just poke the button n hang around till the door closes and off I go.

Well worth the cost if you have to buy it methinks.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

That is my car
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast