Age-inappropriate - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Age-inappropriate within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wish my 06 had Homelink, so I guess that makes me middle aged as well (although with medical advances ...

I wish my 06 had Homelink, so I guess that makes me middle aged as well (although with medical advances I'd like to think my 36 years qualify me as NOT middle aged:-). Either way, welcome and nice car.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im pissed that my autodimming mirror does not show the outside temp on my 04. i would think a machine that is very common in snowy areas would be equipped with an external temp guage

the 02 I bought came with the autodimmer + compass... no homelink back then.

I don't think homelink would be useful to me at all, given that I park outside. The dimmer probably has saved my butt quite a bit, but I haven't really noticed it. Probably a good thing. The compass is AMAZING... except for that one time it got mis-calibrated and I got seriously lost. The compass rocks if you want to just have a fun drive around backroads. Gives you some idea of which way you're going, which can help you find your way back home. Definitely no social stigma attached to the cool mirror.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    It's appropriate if you enjoy driving it.

(44 years old, married, two kids, etc, in a bright blue wagon with gold wheels)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    How young do you feel? Because that's what truly matters
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I feel young enough to convince people to get out of my way when I'm driving thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go for it. I'm probably going to ask a local tuning shop to put it in instead of the dealership. They just seem like nicer guys.

I wish I had gotten the homelink mirror, but I just got the normal autodimming one. When I got my tint done (20%), I was worried that the autodimming mirror would no longer dim, but it works like a champ. Like others have said, it's the greatest thing ever when trucks are behind you. I also got the armrest extension which is now useless because of how low I set my shifter to be. Oh well..such is life.

Age-inappropriate? I haven't experienced/appreciated "POWER" since I traded my '90 Supra turbo 13 years ago and the "FUN TO DRIVE" factor is very close to my Miata. My wife even enjoyes it when I get into "Spirited Driving" mode (within limits). Age-inappropriate? I'll be 68 in Apr. but feel much younger in our '11 WRX Ltd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12