My bugeye's new face
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My bugeye's new face within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi folks. I've been lurking around here for awhile. Bought my first Scoob afew months ago. It's an 02 WRX ...

My bugeye's new face

Hi folks. I've been lurking around here for awhile. Bought my first Scoob afew months ago. It's an 02 WRX Wagon with afew basic mods. Wasn't planning on doing any cosmetic changes for awhile. But I rear-ended a nissan frontier (guy stopped twice at a stop sign on my monday morning commute.) Since it had to go under the knife, I opted for a facelift. I threw on a jdm scoop, some snazzy black ebay headlights, c-west grill and a rally innovations skid plate. Wish the sun was out for the pics, but I couldn't wait to show her off. Whatcha think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02200839.jpg   02200840.jpg   02200840a.jpg   02200840b.jpg   02200841.jpg  

Last edited by bn_bnntt; 02-20-2011 at 06:15 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good! Not sure about the grille yet but I really like the skid plate/bumper guard. And I like that it's a wagon
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Definitely my least favorite grill for the bugeyes but overall the car looks good
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

im feelin the skid plate. where did u get that? how far under the car does it go?

I Support ClubWRX
    The grille is awesome with the actual kit it goes with.. The headlights are a no go for me. The STi scoop is a yes and the skid plate is different, kinda cool.

As long as your happy man

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

That's the sickest grill I could find for a bugeye.lol That little vent goes straight to my intake. It actually does lower the intake air temp. All of the others seem too ricey for me. The true jdm sti one is sweet. But I couldn't wait for it to get shipped here on a container boat. The skid plate came from rallyinnovations.com It doesn't go back very far. But it will protect my bumper from road kill or anything else I might hit. I live in the mountains, there's plenty of stuff for me to smash up my bumper with. This should keep it protected. I'm still in shock most of you don't dig the grill. Post me a pic of your favorite.

My favorite is the JDM grill by far. I am just a fan of symmetry and that grill obviously has none
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I see your point. But to me it's function over form. But form is just a matter of opinion.

Definitely to each his own. For me it would have no function as i have a SRI that pulls air from my fender (which will soon be getting air directed straight from my fog light brake ducts)
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I love the grille, just need the entire cwest kit to pull it off in my opninion

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Have to say I'm not a fan of the grill, but I've been considering that brush bar for my bugeye for quite some time now. This might have convinced me to finally spring for it! I want to add some driving lights, but dont want to replace the fogs. I think that brush guard is more discreet than their full light bar, and is also cheaper. It's a win-win!

Here's the look I'm going for:

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

headlights look killer but i will have to agree on the grill, just dosent do it for me. anyways great looking bug eye. what kinda of mods do you have and how much difference did it make. im looking to start moding my bone stock 02.

a little iffy on the grille, it would grow on me through time but everything else looks good, whats your suspension setup, and what size wheels are those?

I don't want to think about how much the whole c-west kit would cost. Looks kinda ricey to me. Plus I live in the mountains. I don't want to drop a ton on something that I KNOW is gonna get damaged. The skid plate saved my front bumper today. I was pulling out of a side street on a steep angle. Heard a nice scrape. The plate did it's job. My bumper (or c-west kit would have been *****ed) I bought the car from a good home, it had already been modded. Dropped an inch on afermarket coilovers. I can't think of the brand, but I know they are quality. It had a Cobb AccessPort (not sure what map), sti up-pipe, 3" turboback exhaust, short throw shifter, rear strut bar, painted side skirts, every recall fixed and some other stuff I'm forgetting. It's on 17" Kosei Racing wheels. Since I never had it while it was stock I wouldn't know how much difference the mods make. But it's a blast to drive on curvy, back roads. Love it. On a side note, I'm scared to buy anything else from C-West. I paid top-dollar for that grill and it didn't fit the car. Both ends that meet the headlights had to have a good half inch cut off of them and then were built back up with more fiberglass. It turned out great. But for the price I paid it should have fit like a glove. It's hard as hell to get in touch with C-West since you have to go through one of their vendors. My vendor was very helpful trying to get some answers out of them. Supposedly it's one of their most popular products and I'm the only one who's had a problem. I'm just glad the car's fixed, it's home and I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Have to say I'm not a fan of the grill, but I've been considering that brush bar for my bugeye for quite some time now. This might have convinced me to finally spring for it! I want to add some driving lights, but dont want to replace the fogs. I think that brush guard is more discreet than their full light bar, and is also cheaper. It's a win-win!

Here's the look I'm going for:

That's definitely what I want as well! However, how much would that block the radiator? I don't want to sacrifice cooling for that
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast