Subie Noob and New Ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

This is a discussion on Subie Noob and New Ride within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The front wrx emblem is pretty easy too, just held on by 2 locking washers on the back....

  1. #16
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    The front wrx emblem is pretty easy too, just held on by 2 locking washers on the back.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    I'm a little slow, so excuse the question, but from the looks of a locking washer (google image search), it looks like I just pull on the emblem and it will pop off?

    I know my question sounds silly, but I sure don't want to damage anything on a 2 day old car..
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  4. #18
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by BertoJG View Post
    I'm a little slow, so excuse the question, but from the looks of a locking washer (google image search), it looks like I just pull on the emblem and it will pop off?

    I know my question sounds silly, but I sure don't want to damage anything on a 2 day old car..
    I wouldn't just pull from the front, the grille seems a little brittle. I just took a small flat head screwdriver and pryed the washers off from the back
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

  5. #19
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    Excellent, thank you...
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  6. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    284
    Did ya order the STI badges yet?

  7. #21
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    Did ya order the STI badges yet?
    No, I don't have any intentions to.. If anything I will pull the badge in the grille and the last one in the rear and make people wonder what it is..
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  8. #22
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    All tinted up now.. It is dirty because of the rain, but it looks much better. 3M Film, 15% all around and 5% for the eyebrow.



    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  9. #23
    Registered User lytlec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    4,295
    Looks good bro, how are you liking it?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    44
    Very nice. Love seeing all the DGM sedans. I partially debadged mine. On the trunk I left the WRX and put AWD under it. I also removed the WRX from the grill. Doesn't look bad.
    I will be just over the 1k mile mark so I ordered up an AP & AEM intake. Will do a rear strut brace next, but I want to first get the summer tires back on.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

  11. #25
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Looks good bro, how are you liking it?!
    So far, so good.. I think Subaru is torturing me by giving me just a taste of the surge that happens just past 3.5k and not letting me go over 4k..

    I had to fill it up for the first time today as well as replace the drivers side front turn signal lamp. PIA to have to pull the battery to replace it.

    I am looking forward to getting past the next 700 miles, then I can
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  12. #26
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by CVG993 View Post
    Very nice. Love seeing all the DGM sedans. I partially debadged mine. On the trunk I left the WRX and put AWD under it. I also removed the WRX from the grill. Doesn't look bad.
    I will be just over the 1k mile mark so I ordered up an AP & AEM intake. Will do a rear strut brace next, but I want to first get the summer tires back on.
    Nice, it looks like we have the same exact car! I did the partial badge removal as well. I am thinking I will pull the WRX off the grille and the back though, we shall see.

    I have a while to go before I get to 1k miles, but I can't wait. I have considered getting an AP as well and going Stage 1, but I'm not sure about that yet.
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  13. #27
    Registered User djclue8713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MA
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by BertoJG View Post
    So far, so good.. I think Subaru is torturing me by giving me just a taste of the surge that happens just past 3.5k and not letting me go over 4k..
    Dude it is AWFUL, but when you get past 1K it makes everything better. You'll be glad you waited. I had the biggest grin on my face. Until then practice safe revs! haha

  14. #28
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Until then practice safe revs!
    Love it
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

  15. #29
    Registered User brandonlp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by BertoJG View Post
    All tinted up now.. It is dirty because of the rain, but it looks much better. 3M Film, 15% all around and 5% for the eyebrow.
    Looks good. I did the debadge and tint thing, too. I've had my red hatch for 2 weeks now.

  16. #30
    Registered User BertoJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlp View Post
    Looks good. I did the debadge and tint thing, too. I've had my red hatch for 2 weeks now.
    Thanks! I have been keeping tabs on your thread, the red looks nice and clean! I hope you are enjoying it!

    I think my next mods are swapping in my HU to replace the factory one and installing the module for steering wheel controls. I had to have a local shop order the dash kit for me as nobody seems to stock it around here.
    Robert

    Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •