Official Introduction & Pix

This is a discussion on Official Introduction & Pix within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all - my name is BD, and I am a new WRXaholic. Joined the site a while back, and ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar

Official Introduction & Pix

Hello all - my name is BD, and I am a new WRXaholic.

Joined the site a while back, and have been very happy with the quality of the members and the information - impressive.

Ordered my car back in December and it arrived at my dealership in Flemington NJ last week. One week into my first WRX and I am in love. I knew the compromises coming in so I'm not really disappointed by anything other than the seemingly long wait to take it over 4000 RPMs. I ordered a DGM 5-door with the Short Throw Shifter, Dimming Mirror and Armrest Extension - all of which I am very happy that I got. I also picked up a set of stock sized alloys and Winter Dunlops, which the dealer put on when I picked it up. The car looks great in DGM - classy, muscular, and less attention from the authorities are all good qualities.

No plans to mod much for a while - I want to get to know the car in it's stock form before I change things (plus I like my warranty).

Below are some thumbnails of the car - already winter dirty. Click on 'em for full size if you want.

Good to be among fellow car lovers - see you on the road ...

Last edited by BigDaddyRex; 02-28-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice car. welcome (i guess, you've been around for a while) to the site. i like those wheels!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Nice ride man. I love that color.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Welcome to the club! I see a lot of you got the armrest extension. I didn't think twice about it because I'm a lanky guy and it's pretty comfortable to me, but I wonder how much of an improvement you get with that option?

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    I see a lot of you got the armrest extension. I didn't think twice about it because I'm a lanky guy and it's pretty comfortable to me, but I wonder how much of an improvement you get with that option?
    i would call myself the opposite of lanky, but that armrest extension is worth its weight in gold!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Really nice car. I was conflicted between the sedan and hatchback models. The deciding factor was just what the local dealerships had available. Every one I called up talked about how rare the new 2011 models are and that Subaru hasn't been shipping enough cause they sell like hotcakes.

Fortunately I walked onto a lot and saw the sedan variant I wanted sitting there and wasted no time swooping it up. Easiest sale that sales woman ever made.

I too got the arm rest extension - it's a very practical accessory and I'm glad mine came equipped as such.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Being about 5-8 the extension puts my arm in just the right spot. I could've lived without it, but its nice to have - especially in traffic.

I live in Central Jersey and have not seen another 2011 driving around here (one STI, but that could be 09 to 11). I can't believe how few are out here, but I love the exclusivity of it. I have always liked having something a little different than the rest. One came in to my dealer when mine was delivered and moved into the showroom immediately (Black 5-door base model). It's still there if anyone is looking ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Sweet ride. Welcome!
    2011 SWP WRX Premium 5-door!

Congrats! And enjoy
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    I live in Central Jersey and have not seen another 2011 driving around here (one STI, but that could be 09 to 11). I can't believe how few are out here, but I love the exclusivity of it. I have always liked having something a little different than the rest.
    A few 09's/10's in my neck of the woods, but so far I'm also exclusive to my area.