Official Introduction & Pix
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Official Introduction & Pix within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all - my name is BD, and I am a new WRXaholic. Joined the site a while back, and ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar

Official Introduction & Pix

Hello all - my name is BD, and I am a new WRXaholic.

Joined the site a while back, and have been very happy with the quality of the members and the information - impressive.

Ordered my car back in December and it arrived at my dealership in Flemington NJ last week. One week into my first WRX and I am in love. I knew the compromises coming in so I'm not really disappointed by anything other than the seemingly long wait to take it over 4000 RPMs. I ordered a DGM 5-door with the Short Throw Shifter, Dimming Mirror and Armrest Extension - all of which I am very happy that I got. I also picked up a set of stock sized alloys and Winter Dunlops, which the dealer put on when I picked it up. The car looks great in DGM - classy, muscular, and less attention from the authorities are all good qualities.

No plans to mod much for a while - I want to get to know the car in it's stock form before I change things (plus I like my warranty).

Below are some thumbnails of the car - already winter dirty. Click on 'em for full size if you want.

Good to be among fellow car lovers - see you on the road ...

Last edited by BigDaddyRex; 02-28-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice car. welcome (i guess, you've been around for a while) to the site. i like those wheels!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Nice ride man. I love that color.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Welcome to the club! I see a lot of you got the armrest extension. I didn't think twice about it because I'm a lanky guy and it's pretty comfortable to me, but I wonder how much of an improvement you get with that option?

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    I see a lot of you got the armrest extension. I didn't think twice about it because I'm a lanky guy and it's pretty comfortable to me, but I wonder how much of an improvement you get with that option?
    i would call myself the opposite of lanky, but that armrest extension is worth its weight in gold!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Really nice car. I was conflicted between the sedan and hatchback models. The deciding factor was just what the local dealerships had available. Every one I called up talked about how rare the new 2011 models are and that Subaru hasn't been shipping enough cause they sell like hotcakes.

Fortunately I walked onto a lot and saw the sedan variant I wanted sitting there and wasted no time swooping it up. Easiest sale that sales woman ever made.

I too got the arm rest extension - it's a very practical accessory and I'm glad mine came equipped as such.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Being about 5-8 the extension puts my arm in just the right spot. I could've lived without it, but its nice to have - especially in traffic.

I live in Central Jersey and have not seen another 2011 driving around here (one STI, but that could be 09 to 11). I can't believe how few are out here, but I love the exclusivity of it. I have always liked having something a little different than the rest. One came in to my dealer when mine was delivered and moved into the showroom immediately (Black 5-door base model). It's still there if anyone is looking ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Sweet ride. Welcome!
    2011 SWP WRX Premium 5-door!

Congrats! And enjoy
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    I live in Central Jersey and have not seen another 2011 driving around here (one STI, but that could be 09 to 11). I can't believe how few are out here, but I love the exclusivity of it. I have always liked having something a little different than the rest.
    A few 09's/10's in my neck of the woods, but so far I'm also exclusive to my area.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.