Adios Honda, Hola Scoobies!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Adios Honda, Hola Scoobies!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^ thats what i was thinking. i mean, im sure upgrading the stock scoop to the STI scoop would be ...

^^ thats what i was thinking. i mean, im sure upgrading the stock scoop to the STI scoop would be nice. its much bigger then the WRX scoop. But i think the STi TMIC will work fine with the WRX hood scoop. plus id hate to have to cut n drill into the hood. i can say my car is 100% bone stock. No mods what so ever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    USDM sti scoops wont fit anyway so you'll have to try to hunt down a JDM one or a replica. i'd stick with the OEM one anyway. it looks better

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Wow. Lots of people seem to come from Honda to Subaru. I did, too. '04 Civic Si hatch to '11 WRX hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    USDM sti scoops wont fit anyway so you'll have to try to hunt down a JDM one or a replica. i'd stick with the OEM one anyway. it looks better
    nah its cool, ill stick to the stock one. altho the STI looks pretty mean. my scoop just needs alil touch up on the paint. no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlp View Post
    Wow. Lots of people seem to come from Honda to Subaru. I did, too. '04 Civic Si hatch to '11 WRX hatch.
    ive noticed it too. making ahonda turbo is expensive and a pain in the butt. altho when its running right, oh baby it sounds good lol. i needed a wagon. idk bout you guys, but i feel safe driving my wrx. i love the interior. the seats are sooooo comfy. i think the wrx is alot ore functional then my last honda. alot of race inspired technology intergrated into the car that u dont get with a honda.

I really was hoping Honda would stick the K23A1 in the 2012 Civic Si because omgfactoryturbo but nooooo... they went with a NA K24.

Wow! The exterior color looks shiny and clean.
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

Quote Originally Posted by biniciWRX View Post
    Wow! The exterior color looks shiny and clean.
    yea it is. its pretty well taken care of. needs somethings here and there. BTW, GO CHARGERS!! Im born n raised in the 619 and a die hard Charger fan.

i dont think Honda will EVER go turbo. yea they got that one SUV in the Acura line up..but when is the technology gonna trickle down to other cars? i think Honda is messing up. if they wanted the Ridgeline to sell like pancakes, for example, stuff a V8 in it. any real American knows that if ur gonna get a truck u get one with a V8. the only cars blessed with anything bigger then a v6 is the Indy cars and the HSV. they did away with the prelude, NSX, and S2000. i know Subaru got out of the WRC, but the technology from the R&D trickled down to the production cars. I honestly feel like a rally drive when im in my WRX. the seats hugs really nice, the steering is very responsive, i lvoe it when i step on the pedal, i sink int o my seart and the even the stock suspension feels sporty but smooth. whats there not to like about Scoobys? I love Hondas..correction, i like mid 90s early 2000s Hondas. After 2001, Honda has gone to sheeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Digital View Post
    if they wanted the Ridgeline to sell like pancakes, for example, stuff a V8 in it. any real American knows that if ur gonna get a truck u get one with a V8.
    You're joking, right? Ford sells more trucks than anyone and their top-end F-150 now has a twin-turbo V6 in it (sure the new 6.4 is available, but they're marketing the V6 as the 'high end' engine for normal people). Honda is smart to stick to small engines. The rest of the industry (car and truck) is moving towards smaller engines to meet CAFE standards. The issue with Honda is that they are in the business of building reliable appliances and nothing more. The Si is 'exciting' (well...at least I'm excited when they come in when I'm valeting), but it's nothing compared to any of the turbo-4 toting sport compacts out there like the WRX or GTI. I think they have the technology and know-how to make something incredible (think CR-Z without the hybrid focus...maybe with the 2.0 or 2.4 that the Si has), but they don't have the motivation.

^^ you do prove a good point. i agree with it too. i do want to make it clear that by no means do i think that honda would out sell ford when it comes to trucks. but now the ridgeline has been discontiuned because there isnt that much interest in it. i sold hondas for a while and the main complaint about that truck was because it didnt come with a V8. i wold ask, "so if it came with a V8, would u consider buying it?" they all said "YES". ****, atleast a super charger on the V6 of that truck wouldve been nice.

took a look under the car and i found out i have a pretty bad transmission leak at the oil pan for the transmission. which could be causing the CEL code of the 3rd gear and for the malfunctioning cat because when it leaks, it leaks quite a bit. check out the pics...

oh..quick question..do STI fenders in my gen of scooby swap over or would i need to get the front bumper to make them fit?

I Support ClubWRX
    there was no STi in your generation... at least not in the US.

Wagon fenders and bumpers are different from the WRX fenders and bumpers.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

^^ ok cool. just wanted to know. thank you.

I Support ClubWRX
    sure
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

ive been hearing from some of my pals that i should consider a turbo controller and a turbo timer in the future. what do you guys think about those suggestions? advice?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast