New WRX Owner.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know really. That is something my muffler guy will let me know on Friday. There is an exhaust ...

I don't know really. That is something my muffler guy will let me know on Friday. There is an exhaust leak mid car that he is going to fix. I know that it has an aftermarket intake as well. Anything else escapes me. I dunno what else the previous owner did.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MorChaos View Post
    I don't know really. That is something my muffler guy will let me know on Friday. There is an exhaust leak mid car that he is going to fix. I know that it has an aftermarket intake as well. Anything else escapes me. I dunno what else the previous owner did.
    Unfortunately car fax doesn't have a check for that
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

OK... My Muffler guy says it all looks stock. All the fasteners are rusted at the exactly the same, so either he bought the car like this, or changed the catback just after purchase. The exhaust leak is a rotted gasket in the gap just prior to the cat. I am going to replace the exhaust from the down pipe all the way to the tail pipe. Please excuse me, I am new to all this motor talk. This is my first build. I've done routine maintenance on all my vehicles, the most difficult work so far has been the water pump on my '00 Durango. Ok so here I go...

1. My muffler guy says he it has to be catted or he won't do it. So catted it is. Any suggestions on the exhaust?

2. I am getting the sense that the Grimmspeed uppipe is favored. EWG on the stock turbo needed/ not needed? I am favoring going with the EWG... Is this process as simple as pull the old up, and slap on the new uppipe w/EWG?

3. From what I have read stage 2 is a complete exhaust with a tune, what is Stage 1?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    OK... My Muffler guy says it all looks stock. All the fasteners are rusted at the exactly the same, so either he bought the car like this, or changed the catback just after purchase. The exhaust leak is a rotted gasket in the gap just prior to the cat. I am going to replace the exhaust from the down pipe all the way to the tail pipe.
    That catback is definitely not stock. Bugeyes had dual-tip exhaust stock.

2. I am getting the sense that the Grimmspeed uppipe is favored. EWG on the stock turbo needed/ not needed? I am favoring going with the EWG... Is this process as simple as pull the old up, and slap on the new uppipe w/EWG??
    No, you'll need to have your EWG uppipe, your EWG dump tube will need to be welded to your downipe, and you will need to be tuned. However, there is some sense in buying an EWG uppipe and a block-off plate if you plan on going that route in the future.

3. From what I have read stage 2 is a complete exhaust with a tune, what is Stage 1?
    It's just a marketing term. Stage 1 = tune.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    No, you'll need to have your EWG uppipe, your EWG dump tube will need to be welded to your downipe, and you will need to be tuned. However, there is some sense in buying an EWG uppipe and a block-off plate if you plan on going that route in the future.
    To run the uppipe with the EWG, what else needs to be upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's just a marketing term. Stage 1 = tune.
    Do I need to perform the stage 1 tune and then stage 2, or can I just run the stage 2 tune and cover both tunes?

oh yeah, any recommendations on the catted downpipe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12