Finally.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Finally.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2002_wagon You would need a manual boost controller or a electronic boost controller. The car has a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon
    You would need a manual boost controller or a electronic boost controller.
    The car has a boost control solenoid from the factory. With changes to ECU tables, you can modify the boost, timing, fueling, etc. that the car runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stlgrndskeeper
    I could be wrong but some mild suspension upgrades should be ok. Sway bars, endlinks, and bushings shouldn't be problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys.
    Depends on what the failure is that has the warranty claim. If the claim is unrelated, modifications will have no impact.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool, thanks for the link. Will get into it as soon as I have some time to invest in understanding exactly what it is Im reading about.... Just found the sticky at the top of the Newbie page with all the acronyms, that just answered about 10 of next questions I now understand why bushings are so important now. It looks like stock ones are just hard plastic, I can only imagine how much of beating bushings can take with all the shifting so plastic ones don't make much since to me. Will be making that mod ASAP, probably with a new short shifter too. Are short shifters a matter of personal preference as to what brand to get, or is there an advantage of one over the other? This is probably very subjective and a matter of personal opinion.....

Im curious to see how this PSI gauge works in the car when I pick her up.... Can someone lead me in the right direction on what it is Im looking at with this gauge? I test drove an 05' STI last week and the gauge was bouncing around all over the place, I had no idea what it was doing..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay508
    Im curious to see how this PSI gauge works in the car when I pick her up.... Can someone lead me in the right direction on what it is Im looking at with this gauge? I test drove an 05' STI last week and the gauge was bouncing around all over the place, I had no idea what it was doing..
    Boost is based on load/RPM. I don't have an OE '11 WRX map on my computer, so I can't tell you what you should be targeting.

In general, for best gas mileage, you want to remain in vacuum. Under WOT, you don't want to exceed your target boost (someone with an '11 WRX may be able to tell you stock target).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

So, I had the pleasure of bringing her home yesterday. What a great 350 mile trip in about 4 hours too Good time to get acquainted with the car. I may have been a little rough but am getting the hang of things. She is tricky to navigate through town at lower speeds. Just wants to take off!! Anyway loved everything but a couple of things I noticed and want to address:
    - Sound System is so lacking (not why I bought the car anyway)
    - Seats hurt on long road trips (again not why I bought the car)
    - Shifting seems a bit rough but Im gathering that this is pretty much to be expected until bushings are put in. Gonna do that real soon and short shift too.
    - She seemed a bit "loose" at high speeds and in some cornering. Sway bars I think will help. Any other recommendations?
    - Thats really it other than I need to improve my driving and shifting skills. I really have a problem when trying to take off to a sprint 1st to 2nd at high RPMS. Any tips?

Also, I did not know that this WRX had some SPT mods done to it, what Im not sure completely until I have someone get into her. There is a boost gauge on the dash (really fun to watch as it monitors where you are at in the powerband). I think the exhaust may be SPT as well, gonna try and find the engraving tomorrow. She sounds really nice, especially on the road, can really hear what the engine is doing.

So all in all, Im hooked. A few little extras and Im in good shape What a great car! Does anyone know if the factory emblems on the rear of the car can be ordered in black? (currently chrome), I think that would look really cool, and a black mesh grille. Someone also mentioned getting a mesh grate to protect the intake on the hood of the car. Does someone make this? I do see some dings on the radiator from pebbles getting scooped in.

Oh, and really I have to pay at least $300 for foglights? I think that is a cheap way to cut corners, they should be on the car stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.