2011 Exhaust drone might kill the deal... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2011 Exhaust drone might kill the deal... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a 2011 premium sedan, and it has a nice deep throaty tone at ~ 1500 RPM's. So ...

I just bought a 2011 premium sedan, and it has a nice deep throaty tone at ~ 1500 RPM's. So yes, more noticeable on a cold start because the engine runs at 1500 during warm-up.

Funny thing though, when I test drove, it was a different sedan and not nearly as loud as the car I ultimately purchased. (When I decided to buy, told the dealer to find me a car that had < 4 miles, didn't want a car that was beat on during test drives - break-in period is critical).

And they did redo the sedan exhaust this year, leaving alone the hatch. I for one love the sound, and it does diminish once the car is warm. Normal driving you're really not going to hear it, and it acts as a 'you should be downshifting' indicator...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rudyrex View Post
    I just bought a 2011 premium sedan, and it has a nice deep throaty tone at ~ 1500 RPM's. So yes, more noticeable on a cold start because the engine runs at 1500 during warm-up.

Funny thing though, when I test drove, it was a different sedan and not nearly as loud as the car I ultimately purchased. (When I decided to buy, told the dealer to find me a car that had < 4 miles, didn't want a car that was beat on during test drives - break-in period is critical).

And they did redo the sedan exhaust this year, leaving alone the hatch. I for one love the sound, and it does diminish once the car is warm. Normal driving you're really not going to hear it, and it acts as a 'you should be downshifting' indicator...
    I agree! Creeping through a parking garage at about 1500 - 1800 rpms is fun..
    Robert

Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

Quote Originally Posted by BertoJG View Post
    Unintentionally set off a few car alarms doing that.

Same, and had the most evil grin on my face while doing it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BertoJG
    VTA EWGs in a parking garage is even more fun
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, combination of heavy metal deafness and being around modded cars has apparently desensitized me. All stock Subaru's seem too quiet for me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yes - stock is not that loud. But the stock '11 sedan has more sound then my previous car. And it sounds great.

the hatch is to quiet for me with the stock exhuast i cant hear the drone and i want the drone noise Its loud when the engine is cold but then its really quiet at idle. The sedan i drove at the dealer was louder than my hatch. i asked them at the time of purchase and they said that the sedan was a little different with the muff.

Banned
    Anyone with a sedan care to slide under their car and take a picture of their exhaust? Ill show you mine if you show me yours

Quote Originally Posted by chefbabu View Post
    the hatch is to quiet for me with the stock exhuast i cant hear the drone and i want the drone noise Its loud when the engine is cold but then its really quiet at idle. The sedan i drove at the dealer was louder than my hatch. i asked them at the time of purchase and they said that the sedan was a little different with the muff.
    The hatch has 1 big muffler, whereas the sedan has 2 smaller mufflers
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

^^ lol ill show you pics of her muff . but i have the 11 hatch. the only diff i noticed were the tips on the sedan look different. the hatch tips look like straight pipes. the sedan have tips with baffle looking things in them. I went for function over form and got the hatch for my dd. I get my use out of the hatch so far ive filled up the back a few times so im happy i went with the hatch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123