2011 WRX Limited Hatch, DGM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Limited Hatch, DGM within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I took delivery of my WRX on Saturday and I must say I could not be happier. I just wanted ...

2011 WRX Limited Hatch, DGM

I took delivery of my WRX on Saturday and I must say I could not be happier. I just wanted to give a quick pro's con's list. It's only been three days but here are my two cents.

PROS:
    Fast - I only got on it for a second the other day, trying my hardest to be gentle for the first thousand miles, but the car can really pull.

Front Seats - Very comfortable, I enjoy the leather seats.

Rear Seats - A lot more room back there then I thought there was going to be.

Road Noise - Reading reviews on this site and other I was a little nervous that road noise on the highway would be unbearable. However, after driving 100 miles this weekend on the highway I can say it is both more composed and quieter than my Volvo C30 was on the highway.

Subaru STS - Comparing the WRX short throw shifter to my cousin's STi stock shifter, I am very pleased with the STS. I am sure there are better options, but as this is my first manual car it will do wonderfully.

Seat Heaters - It's really like sitting on a nuclear power plant. They are wonderful in this cold winter.

Bluetooth - Awesome Feature.

Sunroof - Very little road noise when tilted open or open all the way. Very pleased with that.

HID Headlights - Great visibility at night.

CONS:

Pebbles - This isn't that big of a negative as it doesn't bother me all that much, but you can hear every pebble the tires pick up and throw into the wheel well. Not a big issue for me but it's there.

Bluetooth - While an awesome feature, setting up contacts have proven a little difficult for me. I haven't spent that long doing it, and I am sure I will figure it out, but it isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Seat Heaters - Again, they are awesome, however, with the arm rest extender extended they are a little hard to reach. (I know nit-picking now.)

*Update*
    Rear Windshield Washer - The spray is more like a hose and just dumps fluid onto the glass. Not very effective.

USB - Will not work with my 64 gb Zune HD

Observations:

Stereo - While not the greatest, it is far better than I was expecting. From what I have read on this website I was expecting to not be able to understand lyrics/ anything. If you are getting rattles...turn the bass off +10.

Glass - The glass is thin on the windows.

Plastic Interior - Reviewers ***** and moan about the interior being made of plastic and while it is, my girlfriend has a Honda CR-V and it has the same plastic door panels, dashboard, and inserts, but I don't see reviewers tearing that apart.

Sorry for the long windedness. Just wanted to give some more information to prospective buyers, and anxiety to those who are still
    waiting :-p
    Last edited by dluk08; 02-18-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    NO MORE TORQUE STEER!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on finally picking the car up, post pics! You should know this lol.

Good little review you've written. I actually would've written up the same pros/cons haha. The rock/pebble thing is probably my biggest gripe with the car, I'm always afraid something is wrong when I hear it. Also, funny enough, I was just talking to my friend this weekend about how I think the location of the heated seat buttons is in a odd location.

Glad to see you're enjoying it, you'll only grow to love it more.

oh and P.S. - change your sig now
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Congrats! And nice choice
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Sounds like this is the Jersey DGM 5-Door thread!

I just picked up mine this weekend as well, and I would mirror your observations. Fast, killer looks, nice features all around. I get the audio gripes - it is a weak system compared to a lot of cars in this price range, but it's not horrible either. It will likely be the first thing I address, but I'm not in a rush - I'll wait until there is a full solution that does not take away my steering controls and bluetooth.

One way or another, I'm in love. Enjoy it ... maybe we will all pass by each other at some point.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Sounds like this is the Jersey DGM 5-Door thread!
    NJ DGM Hatch's FTW!

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    ^^^^ Damn Straight!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Congrats! Sweet another DGM hatch. I'm amped for you man. I've had mine for ten days and I still can't wipe this stupid grin of my face . You are going to love it more and more each day.
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

If it's any consolation I had trouble setting up my contacts as well. I only put in my top 3 (Wife, boss, local in-laws) and stopped there. But all in all it works well enough and is better than nothing.

And the optimal HU settings for me are around:

Treble: +4 or +5
    Mid: +1
    Bass: +2 (or down to +1 when rattling)
    Fader: 0
    Front/Rear: 0
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

The contacts are a pita! I haven't even done mine yet. I think I'll only put a few people in. I really wish they had it so the head unit pics up your contacts when bluetooth is set up. My buddies genesis coupe does that and it's a great little feature.

I have my settings wayyy different than you lol. I guess it depends on what you're listening too though.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Fort Irwin, CA now, Fort Bragg, NC later!
    Congrats! I think I'm leaning more towards the hatches...
    Last edited by RecOn; 02-14-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    2011 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    1993 Nissan 240sx Fastback-FOR SALE
    ...Looking for a 2009 and up Subaru WRX hatchback...

congrats ! let's see some pics of that thing
    2011 SWP WRX Premium 5-door!

Nice review. Going on 2nd week on my '11 DGM SEDAN . . Loving it. About 600 miles so far. Will do the COBB AP at 1k miles. Subaru SSK also, have the F/R Kartboy bushings put in this week. Bluetooth is great, need to work on setting up contacts as well.
    Biggest grip so far is the steering, wish it was less assisted.
    Have winter tires on the stock rims, looking to sell the stock summers and get different summer tire/wheel combo.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

Updated my first post with more notes.
    NO MORE TORQUE STEER!!!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and don't have a Subie (yet) but I have been checking them out for about the last 4-5 months and saw the title of this thread. I have been trying to find some decent pictures of a 2011 DGM hatch (and sedan) but have yet to succeed. I would love it if somebody could please post pictures. I will most likely be making the trip to a dealership for a test drive soon. Thanks all
    -Nick

Not meaning to hijack- just thought this was a good place for some pictures to be posted. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast