new (used) owner, new member, new questions

This is a discussion on new (used) owner, new member, new questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone, I am now the prowd owner of a used 02 wrx and it is the best car i ...

new (used) owner, new member, new questions

Hello Everyone,

I am now the prowd owner of a used 02 wrx and it is the best car i have owned and i have only had it for 2 days. 10 years ago before the wife and kid and when fast and furious was the goal in life i owned a s14 nissan modded. with that being said i am excited to own another pottionally fast car that dosent reek rice burner. After reading these forms all day i do have a few questions.

A reminder that I want to modify the car, but i do not want it to draw attention. or "sleeper i would call it.

I came to the conclusion that gutting my uppipe will be order # 1

If i decide to upgrade to a larger turbo, does that have any negative effect to the engine I.E. rich\lean, hot\cold or longgevity of the car?

it is great to be a new member and hope i can acheive everything i need for my 2002 wrx color silver 104k. thanks for all your help and support
    Last edited by Lastchance43; 02-13-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: sounds better

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance43
    I came to the conclusion that gutting my uppipe will be order # 1
    Decent amount of "free power"; just have to buy new gaskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance43
    If i decide to upgrade to a larger turbo, does that have any negative effect to the engine I.E. rich\lean, hot\cold or longgevity of the car?
    You'll need additional exhaust and fueling modifications, as well as some sort of engine tuning. The engine tuning should help keep things "safe", though there are always risks with modifications.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ok thanks for your imput. I will start with the uppipe mod and see how much of a difference that makes.

be very careful modding, because the 02 tranny is very very weak. trust me. read a little more into the tranny, i know for me when i past 215whp my clutch began to slip and when i hit 278whp after the turbo shop my secound gear went. good luck nice buy bug eyes are awesome. welcome to the forum.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68