guys, need your expert advice..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on guys, need your expert advice.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There is an ad I saw for an 2009 wrx. It says clean title and lightly modded, here's the upgrades ...

guys, need your expert advice..

There is an ad I saw for an 2009 wrx. It says clean title and lightly modded, here's the upgrades listed:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Genuine Subaru Accessories:
    Subaru All Weather Floor Mats
    Bluetooth Phone Connection (Hands free)
    Short Throw Shifter
    Blue footwell lights
    STI Duracon Shift Knob-5MT
    SPT Turbo Boost Gauge
    SPT Cat-Back Exhaust System
    STI Trailing Link Bushing
    STI Front Lateral Link Bushing
    STI Rear Lateral Link Bushing
    STI Shifter Bushing
    STI Trans Crossmember Bushing Kit
    STI Engine Mounts
    STI Rod, Pitching Stopper
    STI Transmission Mount-5MT
    SPT Lower Chassis Brace
    SPT Strut Tower Bar - Front

Aftermarket Accessories:
    Cobb Accessport with Rallitek stage 2 map
    Invidia Catless Downpipe (original stock downpipe included)
    Tinted Windows
    Rallyarmor Mud Flaps - I do a lot of mountain driving and these do a great job of protecting the paint
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is that something I need to worry? What you guys think...
    Thanks for helping another subbie bud...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Buying a used car is always a risk, and a modified one increases it. That said, StageII is relatively common, and is generally considered "safe" level of modification. I've never had the chance to datalog a Rallitek StageII map, so I can't comment there.

Best bet, take the car to a shop that knows what they're looking at/for to do the used car inspection, and have compression/leakdown tests performed. If it passes all three, go for it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks, yeah personally I hate buying modified cars but it's not for me, it's for my buddy, Im just also trying to help. He loved/envied my 09 rex so he wanted one.
    It did pass on the inspection though from "PDX inspection" from Oregon, everything working fine and has a clean autocheck report.

PDX is pretty reputable. They poke around on our site here and are well respected, so that could be a good thing.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I may sound dumb but is pdx the same as emissions? The mod list in my opinion sounds safe. It just depends on how he drove it and service records. Also what's the mileage
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    "I do a lot of mountain driving and these do a great job of protecting the paint"

...yeah, but not the bottom of the car. Get that thing on a lift and inspect EVERYTHING.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    I may sound dumb but is pdx the same as emissions? The mod list in my opinion sounds safe. It just depends on how he drove it and service records. Also what's the mileage
    PDX is a tuning shop in Oregon. They specialize in Subarus. PDX is also the Airport code for the Portland Airport

Jen from this forum (03WRX_YELLOW) is a moderator and her husband is a good tuner at PDX. They have a bugeye set up for drag with a RWD conversion...and they have a sick swapped Forester XTI.

PDXTuning.com
    Last edited by Mikie13; 02-11-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    PDX is a tuning shop in Oregon. They specialize in Subarus. PDX is also the Airport code for the Portland Airport

PDXTuning.com
    I had a custom map made for my 02 by PDX, very nice guys and good work. I'd trust them with any subby.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Thanks
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I would also see if you can find out who did the installs - looks like a lot of Subaru SPT/STI stuff - if a dealer did th installs that would bemore confidence inspiring. It looks like they did not take many risks with the mods, which is a good sign.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Thanks a lot you guys. I will tell that to my buddy everything you guys just said. It's a great help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.