WRX hatch vs sedan as a family car - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX hatch vs sedan as a family car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2002_wagon I don't know where in Florida u were but if u were in Orlando u must ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    I don't know where in Florida u were but if u were in Orlando u must have not been driving a moded car. And I never said it is a great safety tool. It works for me I hardly ever have a retard trying to race me now. And no one said anything about road rage????? We were talking about street racers.
    uh... I was driving a 400hp beast.. tampa, cocoa/melbourne and all around O-town. I never had any trouble just letting them go. Granted, those same retards are why I'll never put gauges on a pillar pod ever again.. but maturity trumps stupid every day of the week.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I really think people are missing the point out there so let me clear it up. the baby on board sign works FOR ME!!!!! no one said that that elimanates the urge to street race. But for me I have noticed that people do not try to race me anymore. And if you were going to race with a child in your car you are stupid and dont deserve to have that child in your hands POINT BLANK.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

so how did this thread get so far off the topic of whether the sedan or hatch would be better suited to family use?

the op has obviously chosen the wrx... its safe, its flexible.. its a good car.

If some of you are that concerned with YOUR lack of ability to handle the retardation around you (its never ending, I'm sure you just dont notice most of it)
    then you need to stay home or take the bus. Figure some other way to transport your children because apparently you're not mentally tough enough to keep them as safe as possible on your own.

There are drunks and racers and drug addicts and blind people and old people and all kinds of other terrible drivers out there. Ya gonna put something on your car for each one in hopes it will help?? NO punk as kid is going to make the decision not to be a retard based solely on a sticker or sign. NO ONE should make a vehicle purchase decision based on how OTHERS will act around them. Thats just plain stupid. Get the vehicle that serves YOUR purposes/needs and wants to its best ability and move on with your agenda.

Done.
    Last edited by mangostick; 02-15-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I have tinted windows so other kids who want to rev their engine at me have no idea that i'm carrying kids around. A kid on board sign may help back people off, I think I might get me one.. either way I just don't race even if they want to.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

I Support ClubWRX
    You should only race with kids in the car in a school zone. Everyone knows this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You should only race with kids in the car in a school zone. Everyone knows this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And typing on a mobile device.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    And typing on a mobile device.
    whilst running over puppies and kittens! .. sideways!
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Banned
    I'll prefer to WRX, this is why because It have dual characteristic one this is looks like an executive car second you can also ride it for domestic purpose.
    Anyway Sedan have their own value and worth I don't negate the value of Sedan.

Congratulations on your new addition.

Rear facing car seats are the devil.

If you are short its no big deal but the footprint of every rear facing car seat, which is the law for the first year, is obnoxiously big. Take your car seat when you are checking out new cars and test fit, center seat is safest position (according to some crash testers) but not always viable if you (or your wife) are tall.

Bigger car isnt always better. There was more room for a car seat in the back of my Impreza OBS than there was in my wife's Jeep Wrangler 4dr... and it is a massive thing. The impreza is a great fit once you can switch to forward facing but it is really snug till then.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

I Support ClubWRX
    The thread's a year and a half old, folks.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The thread's a year and a half old, folks.
    And you're a hundred and a half years old, we still pay attention to you. What's yer point!?
    Last edited by Calvinball; 09-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I can rant about the rear facing car seat fitting in cars for years to come...
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

I want to get a 2015 Subaru WRX but I need to satisfy the wife about being able to place a Chicco car seat. Sadly as we all know, it needs to be rear facing first before I can finally turn that bad boy around.

Would this fit in a 2015 Subaru WRX? We don't have the baby yet but if I am buying new and we are planning on having kids in a year or two...I need to satisfy this.

I was also reading the sticky notes and it said to bump an old thread instead of creating a new one. So...deal with it please.

I had an '08 WRX sedan when I had my first kid, and bought a '15 WRX sedan 3 weeks before having my second. We have a Forester for bigger trips, but I can do most other stuff in the WRX. Do you have another vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I had an '08 WRX sedan when I had my first kid, and bought a '15 WRX sedan 3 weeks before having my second. We have a Forester for bigger trips, but I can do most other stuff in the WRX. Do you have another vehicle?
    Yes 2014 Chevy Equinox, which will work for the long haul...but how much space is left for the passenger with said baby seat there? She wants to be able to use both cars to help the mileage on her whip. I even volunteered to sit behind the driver (my wife)...as she is 5'6~...so I would have room. (I'm 5'11) She's smaller so I figured maybe she could fit up front?

I watched this video but I would still rather have a larger audiences opinions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FGlmIo8KLY

PS-That's a nice looking white WRX.

Help me get that WRX I wanted since I was 16 (now 29).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.