WRX hatch vs sedan as a family car - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX hatch vs sedan as a family car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; +1 on the HB. I dont think the sedan has much trunk space....

+1 on the HB. I dont think the sedan has much trunk space.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll agree that the baby on board signs are very cheesy, but they are functional. I think in general people would be less inclined to road rage and racing you with that sign being there. I won't put one on my car, but there aren't really any racers around my parts.

I Support ClubWRX
    Outside a courtroom at a stop light once, I was behind a woman in a large US car. Her sign on the rear window said "CAUTION! I SWERVE AND HIT PEOPLE AT RANDOM" and was orders of magnitude cooler than a "baby" sign IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I have a 15 month old and a 6 year old. I have the sedan, but I wish I had gotten the hatch.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

I Support ClubWRX
    The hatch does seem smarter. A 5 door is the ideal body for a useful car IMO. The drawbacks are noise and whether you find the exterior appealing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I wouldn't count on that. I have totally ignored people trying to race me before and they got so mad they tried to ram me and ran me off the road. One time I had a guy chase and try to ram me for over 30 minutes on the interstate until I pulled off and pulled into a police station, then he got out of his car, yelled some profanity, flipped me off, burned out and sped away.
    And people ask whats wrong with texas...

here's your sign.

I think he'll be fine as long as he doesn't do anything to escalate the situation or provoke the retard into doing something dumb.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    I didn't know that's means of trying to keep ur child safe was a laughing matter didn't get that memo I guess I can't join the cool group
    I'm pretty sure careful, safe driving, as well as a safe car and a properly installed car seat will keep a child much safer than a 3" X 3" yellow sign. Letting other people know who's in your car shouldn't be your way of keeping a child safe, your safe and careful driving should. You should be concerned with who's lives are in your hands, not concerned with telling everyone else.

Just my penny and 9/10.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    I didn't know that's means of trying to keep ur child safe was a laughing matter didn't get that memo I guess I can't join the cool group
    Sorry, but I don't see how that in any way keeps your child safe. Just ignore people that want to race you and that's it. People with road rage or that drive aggressively aren't rational, so I don't see how the sign does anything. Plus it's a little sign in one spot on your car that they probably never notice anyway. If it makes you happy, great, but don't attribute some little dinky sign with being a great safety device.

And I've spent lots of time in Florida and know how people drive there. They're much better than anywhere in the Northeast in terms of road rage and driving habits in general.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    And I've spent lots of time in Florida and know how people drive there. They're much better than anywhere in the Northeast in terms of road rage and driving habits in general.
    I studied in Florida,driving there was relatively easy,people were kind to you on the roads.Here in NY its more like a competition.A yellow sticker won't help you much here,where people ignore speed limits,stop signs,school zone speed limits,cut red lights,ignore stopped school buses...
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, some folks were of the opinion that the "Baby on Board" signs add to the safety of a situation? I thought that it was just a fad with parents for a while, like the family stickers that some put on the hatches of their vans/SUV's.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I don't know where in Florida u were but if u were in Orlando u must have not been driving a moded car. And I never said it is a great safety tool. It works for me I hardly ever have a retard trying to race me now. And no one said anything about road rage????? We were talking about street racers.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah you must be right,I was driving a Honda CRV,lived in Broward county.Still ,street racers would give a rats ass about a yellow baby sticker.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    One nice thing about being middle-aged...guys with flat-brimmed caps revving at stoplights don't really register with me anymore.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    One nice thing about being middle-aged...guys with flat-brimmed caps revving at stoplights don't really register with me anymore.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I say LGT, or a Forrester XT. My car seat is a really tight fit in the back of the Impreza, but it does fit as long as no one in the front wants any leg room.
    x1000.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast