2011 Dark Gray 4-Door WRX

This is a discussion on 2011 Dark Gray 4-Door WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had it since Saturday. I'm intentionally taking the long route everywhere to get to 1000miles. I know this car ...

2011 Dark Gray 4-Door WRX

I've had it since Saturday. I'm intentionally taking the long route everywhere to get to 1000miles. I know this car has its faults, it may develop rattles, may not be the most comfortable, the most quiet, the most reliable, the most affordable, or the most economical. But damn it's a fun, (relatively) unique car with some personality, and I am REALLY pleased with the performance even under 4K RPM. So far, I REALLY like this car!

Happy driving!

-Brandon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks nice

I love that gray. It looks really awesome.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Thanks guys! The DMG is a little more forgiving with all of this snowy/wet/sandy road crap that we've got right now. I'm looking forward to a few days of sunshine so I can get it cleaned up!

I have the hatchback in the same color and love it. Sedan looks great too though.

Any plans to mod the car? Or keeping it stock?
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Got mine on Saturday also, DGM Ltd Sedan. Can't wait to give it a nice detailing, this weather sucks.
    Subies aren't the only cars with rattles and creaks, and I find the seats in the WRX much more comfortable than my cc, and so does my wife. As for reliability, I had 2 STI's prior to my WRX Ltd and I had no problems with them, granted only had each for a year. And the performance is pretty good, and I can't wait to get past the 1k mark. Drove to work today and my commute due to traffic, find it hard to wind out the gears due to too much traffic, so staying under 4k is pretty easy, so far. I will get plenty of opps to drive it like I stole it. I did put the Valentine in it though.
    What mods you planning on doing?
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

Congrats! I just drove home from the dealer with a new dark grey WRX on Saturday also. Mines the 5 door though. The 1k break in is killing me!

Glad to see a healthy dark gray crowd out there! It's sexy!

First on the mod list is window tint, the car looks like a stealth bomber but with out... it's windows tinted. Lame.

Then I am going to consider the SPT CBE, they had it on one of the WRXs at the dealer, fired it up in the show room. I had a cargasm. Other than that this car has plenty of performance out of the box, so I'll probably leave it as is for the time being.

You guys have any mods planned?

Congrats!! That Dark Gray looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by OK11WRX View Post
    Glad to see a healthy dark gray crowd out there! It's sexy!

First on the mod list is window tint, the car looks like a stealth bomber but with out... it's windows tinted. Lame.

Then I am going to consider the SPT CBE, they had it on one of the WRXs at the dealer, fired it up in the show room. I had a cargasm. Other than that this car has plenty of performance out of the box, so I'll probably leave it as is for the time being.

You guys have any mods planned?
    Grey does seem to be the hot color right now, but I honestly love the car in every color they offer.

I hear ya on the tint. Mine is going in Thursday for tint and some 3M clear bra protection. I already have a couple small rock chips on the front edge of the hood though, so I might try and touch those up first.

I'm probably going to start with a few suspension mods first. I've read a lot of good things here about TIC's stuff (tranny mounts, diff. mounts, sub frame lock down kit ect.), so I think I'll start in that direction and maybe a good strut/spring combo or mildly adj. coilover down the road. Exhaust and stage1 and 2 upgrades I would like to eventually do, but that will much further down road I think.

Hi everyone. I will hopefully be joining this club very soon! Are you all still happy with your decision to buy a 2011 Gray WRX? I live in WA and the current market has really pushed the price for these up and also made them difficult to find. I have only been able to find 1 gray WRX premium. Everything else is Gray STI...which is really more than I need.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    If you think you like the DGM ... you WILL like the DGM. I love the way mine looks - mean with a touch of class. I will admit, though, there are times I see the blue and think twice ... but then the boy racer in me ducks back down and the adult version remembers how much I like the DGM.

Go with what makes you happy.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)