04 WRX where do i start!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 04 WRX where do i start!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys thanks for all the advise... i'm not to sure if i wana start tuning my wrx considering how ...

Hey guys thanks for all the advise... i'm not to sure if i wana start tuning my wrx considering how many miles it has on it. what if any performance parts could i put on my car with out tuning?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Drivetrain and suspension upgrades will improve the performance of the car greatly without compromising reliability. Sway bars and endlinks are a great place to start. Those and short shifter and shifter bushings as was already mentioned.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Hey thanks guys for all the advise. what if any mods could i do with out a tune?

Quote Originally Posted by craighardy1313 View Post
    Hey thanks guys for all the advise. what if any mods could i do with out a tune?
    You might be able to get away with a cat back for just sound. But I'd you do a turbo back you will need a tune. There isn't much you can really do for engine performance without a tune.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I would still advice a tune it can get u better gas mileage and it might have already been tuned before I know mine was a mess when I got it tuned because the previous owner had parts on it and he had it tuned and when I bought it it was stripped of all parts but had the same tune depending on the area u live tunes can be relatively inexpensive. I'm Colorado I paid 180 for a good tune but in Florida I can't get a tune for under 300.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.