Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 WRX options

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  KHP 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking about getting a WRX but im not looking to spend much over the base price. I have a few questions about the options.

-Is the short throw shifter for the 5-speed a good idea? I read a review where they kind of trashed the stock 5-speed.
-When optioning the WRX, it gives you the option of a 6-speed short throw shifter. I thought this was only available on the STI?
-Is the Sub a good idea?

Thanks

#2 ·
I like the short throw. I did it myself about a year after I bought the car. You can save some money on it if you do that. Either way, I recommend this.

As far as I know, there is no 6 speed for the wrx.

I also got the sub, but I let the dealer install it. I personally didn't want to be bothered with it at the time. I don't really know if it was worth it or not though. I have nothing to compare it to.

#3 ·
No 6 speed for the WRX. You can only get the 5 Speed SSK. I think it's a good upgrade and can't go wrong by having it installed. I am having the SPT 5 Spd SSK and KB bushings installed on mine prior to pick up Saturday. Also got a smaller shift knob to reduce the height.
I would also like feed back on the Sub, are you talking the ones under seats or trunk options.

#4 ·
6spd shifter only available on 6spd cars.. aka.. sti

factory short shifter ok.. but after market cheaper and better feel (IMHO)

If you want real bump.. get a real sub.. the factory one is a bit squeamish.

#6 ·
Actually I'm waiting for the same Sub. I originally ordered the sub as an option with my car. The dealer realized that the harness changed on the 2011 models without the navigation unit. The harness will be available this coming March for the cars without navigation. If you have Nav then you can get the Sub now. As for the sound I'm not looking for thumping sub. I just want a little extension on the low frequencies. I do value my trunk space so not having the sub back there helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.