Newbieee - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbieee within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by t0rizer83 Its too early to tell. Had the Max for about 2 years and had the STI ...

Quote Originally Posted by t0rizer83 View Post
    Its too early to tell. Had the Max for about 2 years and had the STI for 4 days now. With the weather here in Jersey, i only had one good day ride with the STI.
    I hope you already got winter tires for it if you're going to drive it up there...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good man! They had an '11 limited in that color on the floor of the dealership when I went to pick up my '11 WRX. And +1 to snow tires. It turns it into a snowmobile!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Snow tires make the car drive like crap - but its worth is to be able to drive the car at all in the winter. I am changing mine back to the summers as soon as possible.

Rattles... hmm.... let me list what I have had (they get worse when the car is cold):
    1.) Door panels (front): Fix is to remove panel, and either secure or remove the white box that seems to have no purpose (other than to rattle) inside the door.
    2.) Rear deck panel seat belt latches: Fix is to shove some type of cloth under the lid of the latch and close it in place.
    3.) Rear seat to rear deck: I have the limited too, so its leather back there. When its cold, the leather is hard like plastic and hits the plastic deck. I solved this by putting weather stripping on the rear deck where contact is made with the seat.
    4.) Rear deck break light: Mine was not secured at all - it would move 1/2 inch easy. I strips of velcro on it to hold it in place.
    5.) Rear deck: I am still working on this.. I am thinking of shoving painters rags in the holes of the sheet metal from inside the trunk until the deck doesn't move at all.
    6.) Dash: The vent in the upper left (just left of your gauges) seems to be a little loose, I think this is where a small but annoying noise is coming from.
    7.) Rear side airbag retainers: No idea how to fix without compromising the function.

Thats all I can think of, but I seem to get new ones every time the temp goes below 0!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I've only been driving for just under 700 miles... No rattles yet for me. We haven't had below 0 temps tho, only low 20''s. Hopefully it stays this way :P

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I hope you already got winter tires for it if you're going to drive it up there...
    no i havent gotten them yet... i have been driving my sisters 4runner. now thats a beast on the snow. next season i will have them. i have been moving my car out of the driveway and ice on the road with summer tires still. it wasnt that bad got out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    3.) Rear seat to rear deck: I have the limited too, so its leather back there. When its cold, the leather is hard like plastic and hits the plastic deck. I solved this by putting weather stripping on the rear deck where contact is made with the seat.
    that did the job. i just put a foam between them for now. but so far its doing its job. thanks the info
    Last edited by t0rizer83; 02-03-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Looks good man! They had an '11 limited in that color on the floor of the dealership when I went to pick up my '11 WRX. And +1 to snow tires. It turns it into a snowmobile!
    haha cant wait for that. ive had an 92 camry, 03 civic si, and 09 maxima that i have purchased so far. but the subaru is far the best one. i have no kids but when i do ill let my wife buy the mini van. lol

Quote Originally Posted by t0rizer83 View Post
    i have no kids but when i do ill let my wife buy the mini van. lol
    I like the way you think haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.