Newbie in a subie

This is a discussion on Newbie in a subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just want to throw a message out there. I found a 2009 wrx a few months ago and ...

Newbie in a subie

Hey guys, just want to throw a message out there. I found a 2009 wrx a few months ago and decided it's my time to finally own my dream car since I learned how to drive. It's a silver hatchback as well. Honestly I would much rather get the 2011 model because of the design change but it's more reasonably priced for a gently used 2009 model.

Wonder how much everyone is paying their insurance? I was quoted over a thousand by allstate but less than half that by geico so I'm currently on the latter. Never had a ticket or accidents before and I hold over 5 years exp on my license *knock on wood*

This is technically the first car I actually own and in my name and I try to take care of it as best as I can but I don't see anyone driving a wrx around here and definitely don't know anyone who owns one so kinda hard to talk to anyone about it.

Hopefully I'll learn much more about this car from here later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just bought a 2011 hatch..I'm a bit of a newbie myself. I pay around 75 a month for mine with 200 comprehensive and 500 collision..but I am also married and 28. If you are not 25 yet.. Your insurance will take a dive when you hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    I just bought a 2011 hatch..I'm a bit of a newbie myself. I pay around 75 a month for mine with 200 comprehensive and 500 collision..but I am also married and 28. If you are not 25 yet.. Your insurance will take a dive when you hit it.
    I know what you mean. I turned 26 last october. I think my rate is about the same as yours, I pay 68 a month at geico, just crazy everyone else charged me double!

I love the wider body of the 2011 model, congrats on ur new ride

we had a 2008 STi and had full coverage on it for $75 a month from geico. we traded that in and got a 2011 wrx sedan and its slightly more, but I also don't have the best driving record. i think its about $80 a month though. I am married, and am 28 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. My husband has a clean record, I've had my license on probation more than a couple of times...so some how we've got a decent payment on insurance though. hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostNasty2011 View Post
    we had a 2008 STi and had full coverage on it for $75 a month from geico. we traded that in and got a 2011 wrx sedan and its slightly more, but I also don't have the best driving record. i think its about $80 a month though. I am married, and am 28 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. My husband has a clean record, I've had my license on probation more than a couple of times...so some how we've got a decent payment on insurance though. hope that helps.
    that definitely helps. I'm trying to find out how everyone pays for insurance so I'm not getting ripped off lol

glad i could help. i had nationwide quote me over $200 a month. then when geico quoted me $75 for the STi, I had to ask them if it was for full coverage, and it was, it actually was more coverage than nationwide was giving. Its crazy how they try to rip you off.