Newbie here, questions about buying new WRX

This is a discussion on Newbie here, questions about buying new WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all. My name is Hunter, and I just joined the forum. I have been browsing the site for a ...

Newbie here, questions about buying new WRX

Hello all. My name is Hunter, and I just joined the forum. I have been browsing the site for a while now since I have been in the process of buying my first WRX, but I thought it was time to join and put some of my questions out there. I will be graduating from the University of Illinois this spring, and I will be buying a new 5-door shortly after. I was lucky enough to find a job where I can apply my engineering degree to the automotive industry, and I was even able to land a signing bonus. I am looking to buy a new Rex towards the end of the summer, once I can save up a little more for the down payment. I was wondering when is the latest that you can order a 2011 model? Also, I was curious as to what everyone may expect the availability of 2011's to be towards the end of the summer, as the 2012's will be coming. Depending on what I can find, I may order a '12 with the options I want. Sorry this is kind of a long post, but thanks for your feedback in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ha...I actually thought of a few more questions. As said I live in Illinois, and when I start my job in June I will be in Iowa. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for Subaru dealers in the Midwest? I would be willing to travel a bit to find the right car at the right price. Also, back to the 2011/2012 comparison-anyone have an idea of how good of a deal I might be able to find on a leftover 2011 once the 2012's are released? And approximately when can order/delivery be expected for the '12s? Thanks again!

by the time the 12s roll out there should still be quite a few 11s around and at a few hundred less. i havnt seen to much in the way of expected changes for the 2012 model but i am no expert. Welcome to the forum
    Master at Arms Second Class Petty Officer (EXW) USN
    Naval Security Forces Lakehurst

2011 Subaru WRX Dark Gray