Thinking of 2011/2012 WRX Hatch - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thinking of 2011/2012 WRX Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 teach her how to drive stick..i taught my little sister on her drivers permit in 20 ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    teach her how to drive stick..i taught my little sister on her drivers permit in 20 min. she stalled my wrx maybe twice and that was attempting to go into first up hill..
    whats great about the 2011 it doesn't roll back on hills when your stopped and try to take off in first not sure what it is called but the car stands still until you start moving forward.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 2010 does that too. Well not indefinitely, it will keep the breaks engaged for a couple seconds. I like it.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Quote Originally Posted by trelfaz View Post
    whats great about the 2011 it doesn't roll back on hills when your stopped and try to take off in first not sure what it is called but the car stands still until you start moving forward.
    My 91 Legacy had that, Subarus have had a hill brake assist for decades, it's pretty clever
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I am so grateful that every1 has been sharing their thoughts
    Funny thing is, how many of you purchased your car before seeing it on the lot?
    I have only seen like 2 sedan wrx's which were already sold (from 3 dif dealers). This stinks I can't test drive one.

I had to test drive used ones at the dealer, and then I got lucky and my salesmen called 2 days later and said he just got in a 2011. He had me come in and test drive it, I bought it the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    My 91 Legacy had that, Subarus have had a hill brake assist for decades, it's pretty clever
    Sorry, but I think it sucks. I know how to drive a manual and don't need anything to help me start. It just wears my clutch more since it holds the brakes while I'm trying to go. I've never needed or wanted any sort of hill assist in a manual. Just know how to drive it!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

For people that can drive stick of course you don't need it, but he was looking to teach his wife so we told him about the feature letting him know it would be easier to teach her.

^ I can use this to help in my motivation :P
    I had taught her awhile ago how to drive standard, and she did fine. Just some people don't like it and stay as far as they can away. I'm the opposite :P

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Sorry, but I think it sucks. I know how to drive a manual and don't need anything to help me start. It just wears my clutch more since it holds the brakes while I'm trying to go. I've never needed or wanted any sort of hill assist in a manual. Just know how to drive it!
    I said clever, not that I liked it , but for the masses I can see the use for it. My Legacy had a mechanical version that I disconnected and I was hoping they used the same system for my new one, but to no avail so I'm stuck with it.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12