Got my '11 Rex yesterday!

This is a discussion on Got my '11 Rex yesterday! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I finally picked up my WRX Premium yesterday. Only one cell phone camera pic...too busy driving around everywhere. ...

Got my '11 Rex yesterday!

Hey guys I finally picked up my WRX Premium yesterday. Only one cell phone camera pic...too busy driving around everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	171998_10150094392999349_503599348_5990154_4284063_o.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	94799

First impressions: I absolutely LOVE this car. Usable power in any gear for me. Trying very hard to stay under 4k. Broke that rule one or twice on the way home but no more til 1000 miles. I was really concerned with the radio, but hey we didn't buy this car for the radio did we. Coming from a car with aftermarket amps/subs this sounds decent, especially when audio is coming from my Evo or my girlfriend's iPhone. I heard some people mention that listening to plain radio is when you notice the subpar quality. I would agree to a certain point. I'll wait a little while and then put a powered subwoofer under the drivers sear for some more bass. The mids and highs can wait til later.

First mod will definitely be snow tires. I urge anyone thinking about "risking it" to really consider some winter tires. We had < 2 inches of snow this morning and I was slipping all over the place, and ALMOST got stuck on a pretty steep grade leading to an onramp. Be smart, don't chance it and invest in your car's shoes. I bought from Manchester Subaru in NH and they were AWESOME to deal with. Only had to wait 3 weeks for it to get here (someone else's cancelled order probably) and I got all the options I wanted. I used Truecar.com and ended up getting the car with options for 500 under invoice. If anyone is in my area I definitely recommend this dealership, they took care of me!

It's hard to pick out my favorite thing about the Rex. I have to say stock exhaust/rims is a tie for first with color coming in at a close second. After 3 long years of saving and waiting I finally got my dream car. It was well worth it! Thanks for all the members providing good info here, you helped ease the pain with some quality reading time.
    Last edited by djclue8713; 01-25-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats! Looks good :]
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Congrats on finally getting it!! +1 to the snow tires, the car is unbelievable in the snow with the proper shoes. As far as the radio goes I don't have any complaints about it, yet. It seems to be ok to me, but I had to actually turn the bass down on it, it was too bassy at the stock level. I usually keep it around 15-25. Sound isn't terrible coming from my Ipod.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations.3 weeks,that's fast.+ to the advice on tires.I have been trying to convince others to get winters ,its the best $ I spent on the car so far.Like Pirelli says "Power is nothing without control"
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Congrats and Welcome! Love the Blue.
    2011 SWP WRX Premium 5-door!

Thanks everyone. I had to get the blue, just looks awesome to me. Also I was anticipating a huge wait (like the dreaded 8-12 weeks) like everyone else but it looks like I lucked out. Let me tell you a lot of nights during those 3 weeks were restless haha. I like to keep the radio at about 20-30. Anything above that with the phone/ipod gets a little bit distorted. I also agree that the stock bass level is a little high. I'm sure once I get all the levels straightened out I'll be happier with it. Bluetooth audio setup is on my list of things to do this weekend.
    Last edited by djclue8713; 01-25-2011 at 01:21 PM.