New Tires? Any Recommendations?

This is a discussion on New Tires? Any Recommendations? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2004 Subaru WRX - all original at this point and need to purchase some new tires on ...

New Tires? Any Recommendations?

I have a 2004 Subaru WRX - all original at this point and need to purchase some new tires on a relative budget. I was looking for any recommendations for a set of all season performance tires in the $500-$700 range for daily (of course aggressive) driving. I was currently considering the Continental ExtremeContact and Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where do you live?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i think you can pick up a set of summer tires for cheaper than 500... but like EJ257 asked, where do you live? cause if you really need the all-season tires than it shouldn't be too hard to find a decent set of all seasons. I know the falken 912's are pretty good all season tires

For a/s, I recently got the Michellin Pilot Sport Plus A/S. They seem pretty good so far.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

Thanks for the input - I live in Missouri so there is a little rain throughout the year and 2-3 months of melting snow and ice, thus the reason for going for an all-season...I was also looking at the Eagle GT...

7n7
    My buddy had the Fuzion HRi's and said they were great and a great price. He was recommended them by a local guy he knows and decided to give them a try. Said they perform well in all conditions. He even tested them on snow and ice. I will most likely be ordering a set of these tomorrow when I get paid. Have been talking myself out of it because we might not get a lot of snow (haha yeah right).

anyways, here is a link:
    Fuzion HRi
    2011 DGM Premium WRX 5 door

-Ben

Quote Originally Posted by 7n7 View Post
    My buddy had the Fuzion HRi's and said they were great and a great price. He was recommended them by a local guy he knows and decided to give them a try. Said they perform well in all conditions. He even tested them on snow and ice. I will most likely be ordering a set of these tomorrow when I get paid. Have been talking myself out of it because we might not get a lot of snow (haha yeah right).

anyways, here is a link:
    Fuzion HRi
    Did you look at the surveys on the site? They get a not too bad 6.9 for light snow traction, but 5.9 for deep snow traction. I would think where you live you'd want a little better tire in the snow.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

7n7
    There is always good and bad responses and I did see the charts on them. I'm just going off what a good friend had to say about the tires (he is a car nut). Basically any all seasons you look at have the same ratings for the conditions. These tires are inexpensive and supposedly handle real well. I'll think I will be ordering them tonight and once I have them on I'll let you all know what they are like (have some good, deep snow, parking lots right by my house).

-Ben

Look into the General Tire Exclaim UHP all season tire and the Toyo Proxie 4 all season. I have ran both of them before and both were good tires for the price. The only thing about the Toyo's was there was not an authorized dealer where I live, but other than that check them out.

7n7
    well crap, steelies are sold out for season on Tire Rack, looks like i'm looking at Discounttiredirect for a new tire since they do have steelies. (but no Fuzion HRi)

-Ben