Fuel cutoff?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fuel cutoff? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When i am gettin on it my gas shuts down at 5000rpm in 4th gear and about 6000rpm in 5th. ...

Fuel cutoff?

When i am gettin on it my gas shuts down at 5000rpm in 4th gear and about 6000rpm in 5th. when i let off the gas and press the gas again its fine. Anyone know what this could be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any mods to the car?
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    Any mods to the car?
    Yea. Blouch 16g, runnin 8 or 10 psi. Haven't had the chance to boost it up since I got it. Hks turbo back exhaust, big top mount, walbro fuel pump, hks down pipe. Believe that's it for now.

5000 RPM's in 4th, 6000 RPM's in 5th? For the love of god, how fast are you going? It may be the governor, if you're hitting that high in a five speed. So I'll assume you have a 6-Speed, and still ask the same question as before, why are you going so ****ing fast? Year? Model? Mods? Those would help a diagnosis.
    Last edited by MakeItRoar; 01-23-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Its definitely a five speed, I redline at 7000.. So around 140Mph. Even if it were a six speed I would still push it to the top..Lol But I have a blouch 16g, big top mount, hks turbo back, walbro fuel pump, up and downpipe. It's an 02 wrx

Quote Originally Posted by 02Kevin View Post
    Its definitely a five speed, I redline at 7000.. So around 140Mph. Even if it were a six speed I would still push it to the top..Lol But I have a blouch 16g, big top mount, hks turbo back, walbro fuel pump, up and downpipe. It's an 02 wrx
    Uhhh, Injectors? You may just be maxing those out, because they can't keep up for the long stretch of high demand. In lower gears, in WOT, you redline for a few seconds, and shift. At 140 mph, you're at the redline all day, and you're finally noticing that injector limit. If you need this kind of power everyday, I'd suggest installing a few firehoses between your fuel pump and your engine.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

No they are the stock injectors. So that cut off is more than likely the injectors hittin their limit..?

No they are the stock injectors. So that cut off is more than likely the injectors hittin their limit..?
    That'd be my thoughts. You can upgrade the fuel pump all day, but if you leave stock injectors, you're not gaining the fuel delivery that you're looking for. Did you upgrade your fuel lines/rail? Upgrade that and move to bigger injectors to keep up with the 16G. My guess, you've been running heavy lean with that 16G. Are you tuned? You need a tune STAT if you don't want to be picking up parts of your car along a 50 yard trail. How long have you been running the 16G? Might wanna do a compression/leak down test, and hope you didn't **** a piston or anything. 8-10 PSI is not much, so you may have gotten lucky, but did you do the turbo swap yourself? Did you do research on supporting mods? Also, stock BPV? If you want to tune that 16G, you'll probably want to go with a forged BPV, depending on your PSI numbers.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I am tuning it and bumpin up the psi with tax return $$. So that will be happenin within a couple weeks. And I bought the car not to long ago with the mods it has now. No upgraded fuel rails.
    So..
    1. Upgrade injectors, fuel lines/rail and bpv
    2. Get a tune

Should be sittin good?

I am tuning it and bumpin up the psi with tax return $$. So that will be happenin within a couple weeks. And I bought the car not to long ago with the mods it has now. No upgraded fuel rails.
    So..
    1. Upgrade injectors, fuel lines/rail and bpv
    2. Get a tune

Should be sittin good?
    As I think about it, I would get a leakdown/compression test to be safe. Also, make sure you ask your tuner for his recommendation on injector size, and the necessity of a new rail, because the stock fuel rail can handle a little higher than stock injector flow, but not too much. Depending on the power you're putting down, you may want to upgrade your intake, seeing as you're getting a tune anyway. Some say the stock intake is good for some pretty high numbers, but it's more an owner and tuner choice. IMHO, you should also get a boost gauge, it will help TREMENDOUSLY with an aftermarket turbo, to monitor any problems before they kill you. Do you have another car to drive? If not, I'd be careful with this one, and would recommend staying FAR from 140 mph/redline. Every second is wear and tear that you don't need when you aren't tuned. Your tuner will discuss anything else he sees with your car, because I'm obviously not there. Make sure you treat him well, and take his recommendations seriously. He can save you with a little tactrix cable, and a computer, and his brain. Also, make sure your turbo is installed correctly. Many larger require a larger oil feed line, which you may not have. This will really shorten the life of the turbo, and rob you of some power. Where are you located? Make sure you get a reputable tuner, and not some guy in his garage with a tactrix cable and a laptop. Dyno tuning is the way to go, and it's worth the higher cost. No matter what, the tune is not something to put off, you damage your baby everyday you drive it, and you need to be running the correct map as soon as possible. Good luck. The rest is between you, and your future best friend, your tuner.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I have a Perrin intake and a boost gauge forgot to mention.. But I have a reliable and recommended tuner about 30min from my place.. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated, more questions will be coming soon.

Haha, well i guess you're set except for tuner consulting. No problem, good luck with the tuner, and we'll be here for your questions to come as well.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItRoar View Post
    5000 RPM's in 4th, 6000 RPM's in 5th? For the love of god, how fast are you going? It may be the governor, if you're hitting that high in a five speed. So I'll assume you have a 6-Speed, and still ask the same question as before, why are you going so ****ing fast? Year? Model? Mods? Those would help a diagnosis.
    Seriously.....
    And how old are you and where are you doing these speeds? Sorry, but you'll get no help from me until you slow down and learn how to drive. You just got the car, don't really know how to drive it, but you're doing 140?

Good luck living very long.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Seriously.....
    And how old are you and where are you doing these speeds? Sorry, but you'll get no help from me until you slow down and learn how to drive. You just got the car, don't really know how to drive it, but you're doing 140?

Good luck living very long.....

Not to mention the car has a turbo swap and NO TUNE. I'm surprised it still runs.. I guess it's only a matter of time.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to assist the dangerous speed demon... And I have no idea how a 16G works on a tuneless '02. I figured he's basically destroyed his inner workings, but I still don't understand how most of it is possible.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.