drive car without filter and intercooler?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on drive car without filter and intercooler? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so I plan on picking up a 04 wrx that has quite a bit of mods but is missing and ...

drive car without filter and intercooler?

so I plan on picking up a 04 wrx that has quite a bit of mods but is missing and air filter and the front mount intercooler but the pipping is all sealed up. my question is it's a solid 70-80 miles away from my home will it be real bad to drive it that far without an intake or intercooler?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Really....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Don't buy that car!!! You'll be in way over your head cause its so heavily modified... if the cad has/had a FMIC there is a good chance that it had a turbo upgrade and even a worse situation on the stock TD04... I'm sure you'll spend many hours chasing down problems with it cause more often then not the people don't retune to sell it for the parts they put back on... And to answer your question, Do not drive this car home in that condition!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

the car use to belong to the guy who I did my tuning with but he got into some trouble and couldn't make payments so he tried parting out the car but in the end his aunt took it from him and sold it. the guy who bought it is now selling it because he works with the air force and is going into training next week. he is a mechanic for them and has told me the only thing it will be needing is the fmic and intake. the guy who did my tuning said it's the 4088gt turbo with a rotate kit when he was showing me the car before he got into all this trouble.

this is the link to the online add: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=3727934
    there was another add for the car when it was up for sale a couple weeks ago and you could see pictures under the hood but the add isn't on the site anymore.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    If for some ridiculous reason you decide to buy this car (please dont, it gets old helping people fix all their problems after buying a car we told them not to) then no....do not drive it. Trailor it, buy a fmic, intake, whatever else is missing. Get a new tune and pray.....
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Even still if you know the guy, I wouldn't buy it for the simple fact it is modified... especially with a a 300+whp turbo slapped on there...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

good thing I came here. it did seem a little bit odd to me but after I was told by the tuner and current owner seemed like everything would be alright with it. I expected to have to do some work but it seems like too much for me to handle since I just about have no experience. and I do own a 03 wrx that I bought stock but I'm just looking to get the 04+ wrx. I called the guy asking for a trade and we checked out each others cars and he wanted to do it just had to work out the details. I posted an add on my local site to sell my car so I'll just have to wait around for the right price then find the right wrx. sorry for the long post but thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

Even still if you know the guy, I wouldn't buy it for the simple fact it is modified... especially with a a 300+whp turbo slapped on there...
    I'm in the process of replacing a motor in my wrx, cause the previous owner put an intake on without a tune... so it looks like its going to be a very expensive fix... my car was even "stock" with all the oem parts on it when I did buy it and ran great, but looked what happened to me...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

that doesn't sound good at all. here I am thinking I somewhat have an understanding of cars. but I will just turn this deal down and go a different route. 06 scoobyrex you're located in utah? so am I.

why not keep on with your current car? Bugeye's are a great platform.. and you already have the car..

Save up some dough and start working with what you already have
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yeah... it does suck... I myself have a very good knowledge of cars, but its impossible to rule everything out...I wasn't trying to discourage your purchase or anything but don't want to see yet another person getting stuck with a money pit car... I live in west valley city... what about you?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Is this question real? Where's Ashton?

On a serious note, for the love of God don't drive that car.

I do like my bugeye but if I could go back and do it over I'd go with the 04-05 wrx. but I'm located in provo and I understand you saying not trying to discourage me you guys just gave me your two cents which is exactly what I asked for. I think it would be fun to have a little project car but this would probably have been more than I could handle.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    why would you want to trade your 2003 for a 2004? There are just not enough major updates to even consider this... I'd understand trading in your 2003 for a 2006, but it just doesn't make sense... seriously, that car will be a major headache, don't even bother.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.