New guy from Chicago

This is a discussion on New guy from Chicago within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up everyone? Just ordered my 2011 DGM WRX hatchback last week and expecting delivery around January 30th. This forum ...

New guy from Chicago

What's up everyone?

Just ordered my 2011 DGM WRX hatchback last week and expecting delivery around January 30th. This forum looks like an awesome place to get to know people and learn about my new baby. Stoked beyond belief for her arrival and I can't wait to get to know her and work on her a bit.

It was a close race between a used Evo 9 and the 2011 WRX but I think I made the right choice. The Evo may be faster stock but I plan on rectifying this issue eventually.

Excited to get to know some people on here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! You are right, this is a great place to research and ask questions. Good luck with that wait, it's a killer!!

Congrats on the new car order, same color and model I'm waiting on. That wait is a killer though, I ordered mine just before Christmas and am expecting it mid February. I will be impressed if you recieve it so quick.

I have learned a ton about the car from this sight while waiting, it's great to have such an active community, reminds me of the motorcycle forums.

I bought mine from a Roto Subaru who did a dealer trade with some place in Minnesota before they even received the car so it was just rerouted to Chicago. I was told Jan. 27th-30th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Welcome! Post some pic's when you get your car.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

Ahh, the dealer trade, so lucky. How did you like Roto Subaru? I went there to try to find a 5spd. Outback Sport, which I found out is even harder to find than a base WRX, surprising considering the manual is standard. I did test drive an automatic and decided I needed to move up to the WRX.

I ended up ordering the WRX at Grand Subaru, got a great deal $24K with shifter, dimming mirror, and floormats. Real positive car buying experience except of course for the waiting, although I suppose with all the salt on the road and freezing temps waiting to pick up a new car isn't that bad.

Roto has been awesome. Went to Napleton's in Schaumburg first and they were a nightmare. Barely even wanted to sell me a car and lied to me about the financing. Roto searched far and wide to find me a WRX for the right price. Good people. We're pretty much getting the same exact car minus the shifter, I wish mine I had that but I'll just order it separately. I've got the dimming mirror, extended armrest, all-weather mast and bumper cover for the same $24K. I'd gladly trade the armrest and bumper cover for the shifter but oh well, I found the car I wanted so I won't be picky.

Just got word from my dealership that my baby will be in tomorrow at 11am. I am psyched beyond belief. No sleep for me tonight.

I'll post pics when I pick her up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Cool user name Capn.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKrunch View Post
    Just got word from my dealership that my baby will be in tomorrow at 11am. I am psyched beyond belief. No sleep for me tonight.
    You are in a very happy place ... enjoy!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Sooo.. How did it go? I need details, lots of details...and pictures.
    Last edited by hagen505; 01-29-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Sorry guys! I've literally been out driving all day. I can't stop smiling and I am in love. I love this car. This is the only picture I have that I snapped right when I got to the dealership. I'll post some tomorrow!

Couple more pictures of the new baby. Still not great pics but the Snowpocalypse was coming in Illinois, so I wanted to get back inside.

Congrats on the new car OP and welcome to the site!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX