Hello from so cal. So im rebuilding my 02 wrx motor. what should i do?

This is a discussion on Hello from so cal. So im rebuilding my 02 wrx motor. what should i do? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody im trying to build my 02 wrx on a budget. I want to get a horsepower increase and ...

Hello from so cal. So im rebuilding my 02 wrx motor. what should i do?

Hi everybody im trying to build my 02 wrx on a budget. I want to get a horsepower increase and at the same time increase my mpg (efficiency) I have the motor out already and i was thinking of going with: intake exhaust lightened valve train parts and turbo timer. Im trying to not have to remap my ecu (too much $$) what do you think i should do??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, you're not going to get any more power or efficiency, in fact the opposite (and less reliability too) without tuning (changing ecu maps).

Don't bother with a turbo timer - it's only good for being a poorman's remote start - it has no other use.

The lightened valve train parts will help, but not nearly as much as some other stuff you can do.

Stick with a stock engine, go stage 2 (stock intake - don't waste your money, downpipe and catback, plus a tune. Some port&polish if you have extra cash.). If you can't afford that, just do the tune.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit