Newrx :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newrx :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My name is Dan im 26 years old i grew up in New York moved down south while in college ...

Newrx :)

My name is Dan im 26 years old i grew up in New York moved down south while in college and joined the Navy Reserves. I eventually moved back to New jersey where I currently reside. I spent the past year in the desert. I am a second class petty officer master at arms. (navy cop)
    As for cars ... i started with a ford taurus 96 then went to a ford focus which i put in some subs.. (got to start somewhere) then got my Mazda 6 (cp-e cold air intake, magnaflow exhaust stiffer mounts among a few other mods). Which is where i got the bug.

I just purchased a new 2011 wrx premium titanium. I haven't even received it yet but already looking at mods and definitely open to all recommendations and information

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site

Where in NY did you grow up?

As for modifications, drive the car for a while until you figure out what you feel is lacking, then tweak as necessary.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

where in NJ are you? Welcome to the club. Oh, first mod should be snow tires lol!

I grew up in rockland county stony point.. i live in river edge new jersey near paramus. ive also lived in greenville sc and westwood nj for a bit.. ive been stationed in virginia chicago and overseas.
    oh i went to college at binghamton university in ny as well .. studied psychology

Im not a Huge mod guy but i like modding. ive done some exhausts and intakes and the like and would like to do something light to the car as well. Maybe some sound stuff. but we will see. As for the begining i was looking for some stuff straight from subaru boost gauge maybe the heat shield if there is a gain some small asthetic stuff. dress up the engine a little.

The boost gauge is not available again until april, i was going to order it on mine back in december. I really do like the short throw shifter. I was able to drive one with and without before i ordered mine. Even if you don't go with the sit short shifter, i believe others on here order the kartboy.

What shifter do you have? the one from subaru? Im looking to get my car to 230 ish hp maintaining warranty if that is possible

Yes, i have the STI short throw offered by Subaru. I love it How much do we have WHP with stock 11's??

200 ish at the wheels is what ive heard but thats "heard"

Hey everybody, yes that's right I'm new to the club. I'm from SoCal and ordered the new 2011 WRX Hatchback Limited last month. It is scheduled to arrive on the 24th of Jan. The 2011 WRX has 265 HP & 244 ft-lb torque to be specific. I ordered it with Short Throw Shifter & Boost Gauge but apparently, the boost gauge won't be available until March. Like Dan, I'm already looking forward for modifications. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoywrx View Post
    The 2011 WRX has 265 HP & 244 ft-lb torque to be specific.
    Yes, you are correct but the question was wheel HP, which depends on the dyno used. COBB's website has it listed at 223WHP. And Welcome to both of you!

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club Dan!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

so wheel hp you are saying is around 220? if thats true id like to get it up by 30 hp and maintaining warranty if thats possible any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRXDan View Post
    so wheel hp you are saying is around 220? if thats true id like to get it up by 30 hp and maintaining warranty if thats possible any suggestions
    My suggestion... HP number is just that, a number. Drive the car for a while and see where you feel the car needs improvement, then start researching and modifying to your taste. There are very easy ways to get 30 more horsepower out of your car, most commonly just a more aggressive tune, but there is no way to raise power and guarantee that it will not affect warranty claims.

gotcha.. i wasnt going to hop on anything but just trying to find things to start reading about.. my last car was easier it was out of warranty and in an emissions free state.. but i was looking at the short throw shifter and maybe the spt exhaust. to start.. not sure though

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRXDan View Post
    gotcha.. i wasnt going to hop on anything but just trying to find things to start reading about.. my last car was easier it was out of warranty and in an emissions free state.. but i was looking at the short throw shifter and maybe the spt exhaust. to start.. not sure though
    Short shifter is a great addition, I have a Kartboy with bushings and couldn't be happier. SPT is a good choice but if you don't know already, cat-back on these cars have no affect on performance, they are strictly for sound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast