Newrx :) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newrx :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Enjoy the WRX stock for a while. Then add mods one or two at a time - this is what ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Enjoy the WRX stock for a while. Then add mods one or two at a time - this is what I did. You'll feel and appreciate them more that way.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i research for months and months before i purchase any mods i just like getting pointed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRXDan View Post
    i research for months and months before i purchase any mods i just like getting pointed in the right direction.
    That's a great plan, I think sasquatch's point is that if you spend money on something right away before you know what stock feels like, you may not appreciate how much better that money you spent made your car feel. In my case I bought my short shifter after about 9k miles and I love it. If I installed the short shifter as soon as I bought the car, that would basically be my "stocl", never knowing what a difference it really made.

Same here. Did that with my last car. Read up as much as I could before making a decision. As for the short shifter, I put one in myself and liked the difference. After test driving the WRX they had on the lot I decided the throws were a bit too long for my liking. Wanted to tighten things up a bit so I ordered the short throw. Will probably do bushings down the road but we'll see what this is like first. Baby steps!

I'm picking up my 2011 WRX HB Limited this coming 24th with Short Throw Shifter pre-installed and I want to add the bushing. Is anybody installed the bushing himself. Is it hard and how long it took to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by nonoywrx View Post
    I'm picking up my 2011 WRX HB Limited this coming 24th with Short Throw Shifter pre-installed and I want to add the bushing. Is anybody installed the bushing himself. Is it hard and how long it took to do it?
    Took me about 30 mins, but I have a lift. Without will be a little more of a pain, but I'd say 45 mins, tops

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Bushings is an easy install, and definitely worth it!

what do the bushings do exactly

what do the bushings do exactly
    They get rid of all the spongyness in the shifer. In my opinion they are at least as, if not more, important than the shifter itself

got ya.. thanks.. anyone have a spt exhaust?

I just picked up a mode double adjustable short shifter with kartboy front and rear bushings. This short shifter allows u to adjust shift throw, and knob height independent of each other. Just got them and haven't had time to install yet though. Next mod for me will be an accessport tuner which allows u to retune the car with a generic map that u can put back to stock later if u want. It increases boost, and retunes the car for more power with no other parts. Other than a catback most other parts should be tuned for if for power, and if u have a part that does not have a generic map, u can be tuned for it with the accessport. It is not the only option for this though. Whp numbers are just a tool. Different dynos in different parts of the world will make different numbers, so as said before drive ur car, and use numbers as a guide for ur car only.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new WRX purchase. Should be a huge improvement over your Focus or Mazda 6. Happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.