subie noob
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on subie noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, i wanna start by saying im glad to finally have a reason to be a member (finally got ...

subie noob

Hey guys, i wanna start by saying im glad to finally have a reason to be a member (finally got me a subie). Ive been a fan for years and finally bought my '06 wrx yesterday. Im a big time gearhead and of course looking to start modding it out. I understand an EM is a big must but for the time being id like to at least get an exhaust on her to unleash that boxter growl. Is there any tuning thats required? Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

We have a forum devoted to tuning: Tuning: Electronic Engine Management Tuning is not needed until you replace the downpipe otherwise known as a turbo back exhaust (TBE).

BTW ... it's boxer. It got the name by the way two boxers trade punches. Two opposing pistons (fists) hammering toward each other.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-16-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

oops lol...thanks for the info, ive spent many hours reading numerous threads on here and so far they've been tons of help. Gonna do the intake resonator mod tomorrow (weather permitting)...theres nothing like the sound of a turbo spooling up

Hi....does it still feel surreal to finally drive a REAL car? haha. Congrats

lol sure does, i dont think its fully sank in yet...puts a ****-eatin grin on my face every time. trading in my explorer for this car was the best decision ive made in a looooong time

Hey guys, i have a question....i've been noticing a slight knock when i first start my '06 wrx up, its also done it a few times at low rpms in 1st only. I know thats usually a sign of a much needed oil change but im new to these engine types and was wondering what else it may be???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.