new, but no suby yet
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new, but no suby yet within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up guys, not a suby owner yet but about to get a promotion at work so im planning on ...

Thumbs up new, but no suby yet

whats up guys, not a suby owner yet but about to get a promotion at work so im planning on getting a 2011 wrx sedan. Its gonna be my first new car, kinda funny because i never thought i would ever buy an import, im a die hard pontiac guy lol, but obviously you cant get them new anymore. Subaru was the only import i have ever really liked, was always a fan of the rally cars. I was looking to get a new car, something sporty but practical, and saw the new widebody wrx in a magazine and fell in love with it. turbo+awd+5spd for 26k sealed the deal

i do have a few questions
    1. Is there any way to get a moonroof in the base model wrx? i really want one but dont want to pay another 2500 on the next model up
    2. I have seen a lot of guys ordering theirs, at the time of the order, do you have to negotiate price or put any money down? or do you do that when it comes in?
    3. Does anyone know ballpark time when they stop taking orders on the 2011s?
    4. Anyone know the best subaru dealership to buy one from in north new jersey?

my current car

and im not the only die hard pontiac guy at my house lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and good luck in your search! To answer a few of your questions.
    1) No, you cant get a moonroof on a base, I tried that one!
    2) I negotiated my deal when I put in the order and had to put down a $500 deposit(refundable)
    3) I was one of the first orders for the 2011 and I placed my order in June, so I would assume that's when they will take orders for the 2012's and therefore, stop taking orders on the 2011's
    Hope that helps a little

thanks man!
    current- 2000 pontiac grand prix with some mods
    soon to be 2011 wrx 4 door owner come summertime

I know that you can get fogs/spoiler added for the base model if you choose too, i added the fogs. You want to get the right price in writing before you go ahead and place the order. The deposit just depends on the dealership, mine only took a check for $100, but isn't going to cash it unless i back out or don't want the car anymore. I ordered mine Dec 13th, and it is supposed to arrive today actually =DD good luck! Have you had the opportunity to test drive one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SuBieReX11 View Post
    I know that you can get fogs/spoiler added for the base model if you choose too, i added the fogs. You want to get the right price in writing before you go ahead and place the order. The deposit just depends on the dealership, mine only took a check for $100, but isn't going to cash it unless i back out or don't want the car anymore. I ordered mine Dec 13th, and it is supposed to arrive today actually =DD good luck! Have you had the opportunity to test drive one yet?
    Ya def gonna look into the fogs and spoiler option, they arent too expensive. you must be siked, cant wait for the day to pick mine up, still have 6 months lol. and na havent test drove one yet, I'm waiting for my promotion to be official just incase something comes up and I dont get the promotion, dont wanna drive it and see how sick it is and not be able to get it lol. hopefully il get to test drive one in the coming weeks.
    current- 2000 pontiac grand prix with some mods
    soon to be 2011 wrx 4 door owner come summertime

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.