Just ordered my first Subaru!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just ordered my first Subaru!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just placed an order for a 2011 WRX 5-dr Premium in SWP! This will be my first Subaru... actually my ...

Just ordered my first Subaru!!

Just placed an order for a 2011 WRX 5-dr Premium in SWP! This will be my first Subaru... actually my first cool car period.

Got it for $600 below invoice! But they said 8-12 weeks for delivery... o well, worth the wait i'm sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and we have a VIN!! ETA is March 4th!
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

Nice.

Congrats.

Nice man, congrats
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Congrats! I ordered mine a week ago can't wait for it to come in!

Congrats! Come on March 4th!!!
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

Wooo Hooo! Picked up the WRX on Monday! I'm loving it! Still getting used to the clutch (seems a bit tricky to me, but i'm not a manual pro..) but the drive is great! Planning to keep it under 4K revs for the first 1K miles, but it's soooo tempting

Pics coming soon!
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

So, just a little over 6 weeks. For East Coast to boot. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbeninate View Post
    Wooo Hooo! Picked up the WRX on Monday! I'm loving it! Still getting used to the clutch (seems a bit tricky to me, but i'm not a manual pro..) but the drive is great! Planning to keep it under 4K revs for the first 1K miles, but it's soooo tempting

Pics coming soon!
    So after you ordered it. There was a month before you got the vin? From my understanding at that time you are able to lock in the financing. Also how do you get $600 under invoice? Please let me know. Best I am able to get here in cali is $500 over invoice.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    So after you ordered it. There was a month before you got the vin? From my understanding at that time you are able to lock in the financing.
    I used my bank for financing rather than subaru. i was able to lock in a rate before i had the VIN.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Also how do you get $600 under invoice? Please let me know. Best I am able to get here in cali is $500 over invoice.
    thanks
    I knew an ex-employee, so he was able to hook me up with the internet sales director. $600 below was their initial offer, i didn't do any haggling.
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

Pics coming soon!
    Congrats! The love thing only gets better. The longest 1000 miles of your life!
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

one strange thing i've noticed.... sometimes, especially in the morning, i can't seem to get into reverse... i force the shifter harder than i should need to, but it just won't go... i have to release the clutch, wiggle the shifter and start over and then it will go... anyone else experience something like that?
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

Yes it's a bit tricky on a cold start. I usually clutch in + shift to neutral and then try again.

and we have a VIN!! ETA is March 4th!
    I was wondering how long it took to get a VIN, (I see about a month) I have a 2011 on order still waiting for the VIN

one strange thing i've noticed.... sometimes, especially in the morning, i can't seem to get into reverse... i force the shifter harder than i should need to, but it just won't go... i have to release the clutch, wiggle the shifter and start over and then it will go... anyone else experience something like that?
    Try to put it in a forward gear first and let the clutch out just a litte, the car doesnt have to even move, then go back into reverse should go right in, someone else might be able to confirm but I don't think reverse has a syncro on it so it can be stubborn sometimes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes ,reverse is a bit stiff on this car.After 3000 miles its still a battle with the shifter to the point where I sometimes felt like I would break it.I too just clutch in ,neutral and try till I get it in there.I still stall whenever I reverse.This isn't my first manual but I just can't seem to get it right.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast