Just ordered my first Subaru!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just ordered my first Subaru!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Scottyb0119 Try to put it in a forward gear first and let the clutch out just a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb0119 View Post
    Try to put it in a forward gear first and let the clutch out just a litte, the car doesnt have to even move, then go back into reverse should go right in, someone else might be able to confirm but I don't think reverse has a syncro on it so it can be stubborn sometimes.
    I had the same problem in my RX8...and this seemed to work the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nicee congrats! are you going to tint your car? in a month or two going to try to get a group of locals to tint together and get a discount if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by topdawgx99 View Post
    nicee congrats! are you going to tint your car? in a month or two going to try to get a group of locals to tint together and get a discount if you are interested
    I was thinking about a tint. i'd kinda like to see someone else's first to get an idea how dark i want to go.
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbeninate View Post
    I was thinking about a tint. i'd kinda like to see someone else's first to get an idea how dark i want to go.
    It looks way better. I did 15% rear 20% front.

Wow, good choice !! Good luck !!

I Support ClubWRX
    Planning to keep it under 4K revs for the first 1K miles, but it's soooo tempting
    Yea, good luck with that!

You live in a great area for that car. I lived in Orange county for a while, and the back roads along the foothills are fantastic for an enthusiast driver! Have fun, and be careful.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

one strange thing i've noticed.... sometimes, especially in the morning, i can't seem to get into reverse... i force the shifter harder than i should need to, but it just won't go... i have to release the clutch, wiggle the shifter and start over and then it will go... anyone else experience something like that?
    This happens to me all the time, but I drive a 98 nissan 240sx with a short shifter that is pretty stiff.

I just go through all the gears 1-5, then reverse is no problem.

I'm also looking to get a wrx 5-dr soon.. researching the deals that other club members are getting.

post some pics of your car!
    3/12/11: Ordered 2011 DGM WRX hatchback! And the waiting begins...

Took my new WRX out to Shenandoah National Park this morning to take some pictures. Here's a few of them:

More pictures and larger versions here on Flickr:
    WRX at Shenandoah National Park - a set on Flickr
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

i hit 989 miles on the way to work this morning! I'm gunna go ahead and consider that fully broken in commence revving!
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

happy day!
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.