2010 WRX Refreshed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX Refreshed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off, I'm new to the forum, thanks for the look This is a video of the first big snow ...

2010 WRX Refreshed

First off, I'm new to the forum, thanks for the look

This is a video of the first big snow in Iowa (and 1st snow with my 2010 WRX sedan). I felt like a kid on Christmas when I started my car up & got moving. I didn't realize how bad the summer tires would be (figured they wouldn't be good, but didn't figure that I'd be sliding through intersections). Shortly after the first snow I installed some winter tires to get me through the rest of the season (which made an incredible difference). With winter tires, I feel like this is a completely different car! It's supposed to snow 3-4 days in a row...can't wait.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like a lot of fun and I definitely agree, as will most on here that snow tires make a huge difference, especially coupled with the AWD.

But just because you have snow tires and AWD, doesn't mean you are invincible in inclimate winter weather...make sure to be wary of others, keep speeds safe, and remain responsible as we all know you will

Welcome and enjoy!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    at 1:06 you didnt stop at the stop sign
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

True, I was in the parking lot of a community college on Sunday (so it was closed). The stop sign would have been the least of my worries if an officer were present.

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    touche
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Do you have an exhaust?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Next time you decide to make a video to post online, please be courteous enough not to subject us to your taste in music
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

SPT catback

Quote Originally Posted by jlinnell98 View Post
    SPT catback
    Sounds pretty good from what I can tell.

I said I was going to leave my car stock but I'm really starting to get the itch.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Will do, as long as you don't comment (not a fan of watching dogs hump stuff). To each his own

Mine came with (as requested) but if I didn't get the car for $23,981 with the exhaust thrown in it would prob still be stock. It's hard to justify mods to the wife (but I'm workin on it)

Make sure to check your alignment, after hitting the curb at 1:12.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMongoose View Post
    ^^ this.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMongoose View Post
    Actually that made me cringe as well . It looked like it hit relatively hard. It maybe a fun car to drive in the snow, but please don't bounce it around the curbs. The last time I've heard a curb strike the guy incurred $1,200+ in suspension damages and he claimed that it didn't even hit hard. Hopefully you didn't christen your wheels with its first curb rash as well.

Also just a reminder don't do donuts with your steering wheel at full lock that is a good way to blow up your power steering system just in case you didn't know already.
    Last edited by KHP; 01-17-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Actually that made me cringe as well . It looked like it hit relatively hard. It maybe a fun car to drive in the snow, but please don't bounce it around the curbs. The last time I've heard a curb strike the guy incurred $1,200+ in suspension damages and he claimed that it didn't even hit hard. Hopefully you didn't christen your wheels with its first curb rash as well.

Also just a reminder don't do donuts with your steering wheel at full lock that is a good way to blow up your power steering system just in case you didn't know already.
    /\ That +1

Also, swinging the wheel from lock to lock while drifting, also a no-no.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast