2000 subraru legacy b4 JDM
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2000 subraru legacy b4 JDM within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey whasup people. im new to boxer engines,love the sound the torque it produces and all. i have one question,the ...

2000 subraru legacy b4 JDM

hey whasup people.

im new to boxer engines,love the sound the torque it produces and all.
    i have one question,the block is full aluminum right so if i wanna fill the radiator with
    water is it bad or good.cause a expert in ej20 told me that you should only put cooland in it or the engine will overheat and you're done. im about to service it for the first time myself so i wanna know what i should do.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go to the dealer and tell the parts guy that you want to change your coolant. He will give you two bottles. Use them both. If you get straight coolant you will need to cut it 50/50 with purified water. The other bottle is a conditioner that Subaru recommends.

Only dedicated track cars should use only water. It will not cause the car to overheat. Instead it will reduce engine temps better then coolant water mix. The danger is it could freeze and it could cause rust.
    Last edited by oguitar; 01-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

thanks man.what else can you tell me about the engine.is it easy to create power and modify parts?

It is easy, but you have to know what you are doing. It takes a lot of reading and thinking. Get your car running in tip top shape and then think about modding. You need to tune after some mods so do your research before you touch your car.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

thanks again for the tips,tomorrow i'll service it and see if everything is in tip top shape.do you think i should leave the clutch as is or get a better one,if so which brand.

Can someone please help me

Subaru Legacy B4 RS (Non-Turbo) (TA-BE5) (JDM IMPORT) (EJ20)

My Mas Airflow Sensor is bad and i need a replacement. Can someone help me with this? I was told that the OEM part number for the B4 RSK TWIN TURBO MAF sensor is 22794-AA010 but i am not sure if this MAF would fit my Non Turbo Version. Can someone help me?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akim View Post
    Can someone please help me

Subaru Legacy B4 RS (Non-Turbo) (TA-BE5) (JDM IMPORT) (EJ20)

My Mas Airflow Sensor is bad and i need a replacement. Can someone help me with this? I was told that the OEM part number for the B4 RSK TWIN TURBO MAF sensor is 22794-AA010 but i am not sure if this MAF would fit my Non Turbo Version. Can someone help me?
    Way to thread jack. But it should fit.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.